Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 22, 2009, 04:00 PM
    I just got accepted into high school credit class!
    I'm in 8th grade and I just got accepted into Algebra 1 and Physical science (high school credit classes). I don't really understand what high school credits are, and what do you do with it once you have a lot of credits?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 04:05 PM

Your high school demands so many credits to have been successfully earned before someone can graduate and get a diploma. If you can earn some of those credits even before you start high school, you are ahead of the game and could even graduate in a shorter amount of time than the usual four years. That will perhaps get you into college or the world of work faster.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 23, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Your high school demands so many credits to have been successfully earned before someone can graduate and get a diploma. If you can earn some of those credits even before you start high school, you are ahead of the game and could even graduate in a shorter amount of time than the usual four years. That will perhaps get you into college or the world of work faster.

So how many credits do I need to normally graduate? So if I take more AP classes in 9th grade, I'll get more credits and so I'll be able to skip some grades?

Basically, how do I graduate faster then my classmates?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    So how many credits do I need to normally graduate? So if I take more AP classes in 9th grade, I'll get more credits and so I'll be able to skip some grades?

Basically, how do I graduate faster then my classmates?
    Talk to someone in the principal's office. Every school district varies as to which courses and how many credits are needed for graduation. When I was in high school, a student had to take two years of a foreign language, four years of English and math and science. Now, from what I understand, auto mechanics and basket weaving are legit courses, and half the time, the students who graduate still can't write a decent sentence that's spelled correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

I need to know the nam of this song emerg its off high school high [ 3 Answers ]

Ok this song isn't on the soundtrack I went through all of them. The song starts when there about to do the chicky run. If you know it please tell me

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Credit App not accepted, but now liable [ 1 Answers ]

Long story... My husband and I have good credit. He was 24% owner of a Sub-S Corp and Secretary of a Family-run business. Business was struggling. He was coerced/bullied (by his father and his brother) into completing a credit application so that their primary supplier would continue to supply the...

Having problems @ school w/ some of my class mates. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok. I was in a summer program in this college and I got to meet different of other studemts. I talked to them and hang around with them, but then as school started in the fall they changed. We (my friend and I) and them didn't talk to each other anymore. They had their little group and somehow we...

View more questions Search