Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CAdams65 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Pains when I pee!
    I don't know what this is, It only happens when I go to the bathroom. Im 37 weeks pregnant and Every time my bladder emptys I feel pressure, tightness and hardness a little above my vagina but below my stomach kind of where my cervix is, it goes on for about 15 seconds and I can't move till it goes away, what can you tell me about that? Im kind of nervous, I don't think their contractions cause its only when I pee. But what is it? :confused:
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Aug 22, 2009, 02:52 PM

Im not sure, but I think it may just be pressure, depends on how full your bladder is and where your babies lying. I had that pressure when I was about 36 weeks, but it went away eventually. But noticed I had a full bladder.

If your not sure or concerned then check with your midwife. :)
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 02:58 PM

Sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions of your uterus to me. These are normal and get stronger later in pregnancy. Sounds like you are ready to pop!

Almost anything can trigger contractions, in your case it's apparently emptying your bladder.

If they start happening regularly, you are going into labor...

That said, if you feel something is wrong, call your doctor immediately.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Are you drinking a lot of water? Not chewing ice? Dehydration can cause this. If the climate is hot in your area of the world, as it is where I live, I "suggest" that my patients drink up to a gallon of water a day to stay hydrated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leg and arm pains [ 12 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old female, with no known health concerns. I have had leg pains since I was a young child and was told they were growing pains. Well I'm 19 and believe I'm done growing. I get severe leg pains from the knees down, it hurts to walk, it hurts to even lay down. I also get the same pain...

Bad pains. [ 2 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi. My last period was 25th April. I bled for a day in may 8 days past my period due date. And I have been getting some symptoms of pregnancy. The thing is though I did a test and its negative so I will need to wait...

Gas pains [ 5 Answers ]

Heyyy It's the weirdest thing... I ended my period like maybe a week or so ago... I am still ovulating and I have gas pains... I always feel like I am alwayssssss ovulating, its ridiculous. I mean yeah, I've had sex, but I doubt I'm pregnant. I an just wondering why I have ovulation and gas...

Pains same day [ 2 Answers ]

OK I have a better way to ask this question? Is it possible that I would be having a brown colored discharge all of a sudden,instead of the clean fluid I had last night ,if I had the donor with us today.and I also feel a little stomach ache... this brown colored discharge has never been there any...

Odd pains [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have never had this kind of pain, I am getting cramps like about to start my period but if I did it would be two and a half weeks early, and I am getting sharp pains in my vagina. Im not pregnant, because I am a virgin. So I want to ask what these pains are.

View more questions Search