Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mixbreedbaybii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Legal or illegal?
    Is it illegal for a 28 yr old to date a 17 yr old in the state of Texas?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 02:14 PM

Why would you want to?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 02:17 PM

Depends on what goes on during the date.
    helpmepleaseee Posts: 28, Reputation: 10

Aug 23, 2009, 08:56 PM

Dating is not illegal, but physical activity is, yes. Date someone closer to your age if you can..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Dating is one thing, sex is another as it may be legal for a 17 year old to date an adult, but your parents have the final say in the matter.

The age of consent (having sex) is 17,
    Section 22.011 (a) (2) of the Texas Penal Code provides that a person who has sexual relations with a child younger than 17 years of age is guilty of Sexual Assault. Under this section of the Penal Code, "sexual relations" may include conventional sexual intercourse, oral sex, anal sex and/or oral-anal sex.

I would certainly not go against her parents. Legal, or illegal by law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Is there legal visitation rights for nonbiological or legal parents [ 5 Answers ]

I am from South Dakota and I had met a man that had full legal custody of his infant son. The biological mother very rare saw the child and was not involved in his life. I started dating this man when the child was 8 months old and we were engaged by the time he was 11 months old. The child's...

Giving up legal right to pursue legal actions [ 8 Answers ]

I want to up all legal right to pursue legal action against my male partner before I give birth to my unborn child. How do I go about doing that? I mean I want it in written form that I give up the right to sue him for any type of child support or any type of care to my child. Also I don't want to...

Is it illegal for. [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anything illegal about a 14 year old and a 16 year old in Alabama to date? (nothing sexually involved) I'm asking because her grandma says she can get the law involved because the mental health dept. says she can, but wouldn't tell me what for.

Legal or illegal [ 6 Answers ]

It was the summer of July 05 and someone was driving past a house saw that the door was open they called the police.The police came inside the house and just saw boxes and 2 mattresses because the people just moved in.It was a huge house with 18 bedrooms and they called backup.They entered the...

View more questions Search