Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolinadude714 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Mower won't crank
    Got a riding mower Huskee 21 hp Briggs intek that was sitting up for a couple of yrs.Got it out to sell it but it will not start. Have put in a new battery ,fuel line and filter, taken it top off and cleaned flywheel and coils. Even carburetor off cleaned the bowl and blew out everything with air hose. Will run long enough to burn gas out of carburetor but won.t pull gas from the tank. Does have fire to plugs. What am I missing? Does carburetor need to be taken apart and cleaned. Mower is only approx 5 yrs old and was only used 2 yrs.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 12:52 PM

Hi,
    I would say that carb cleaning is in order, and probably spraying ang cleaning the plunger of the fuel shutoff solenoid with aerosol carb cleaner as it is most likely gummed up.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 2, 2010, 09:11 PM

While sitting gas turns to varnish and gets hard when it drys out.probably have to rebuild carb. And soak in carb. Cleaner then blow out with compressed air

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower will not crank over [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 15.5 Tecumseh riding mower. Last summer it had gotten where I would have to turn by hand the fly wheel screen to bypass the compression stroke so the starter would crank the engine. Before I came to this trick I replaced the battery then later the starter with little to no effect....

Why won't my riding lawn mower crank? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bolens riding lawn mower, it was working fine. Then one day it just wouldn't Crank. It does nothing, no turning over, no clicks or anything. I replaced the battery. And still nothing, is it perhaps a safety switch?

Lawn mower will not crank, begins to crank and locks up. [ 1 Answers ]

I try starting my lawnmower (Craftsman DLT 3000, 18.5 HP), the engine starts to crank and locks up. I remove the spark plug and engine keeps cranking. When I put the spark plug back in the engine begins to crank and locks up. I can manually turn back the pully cover on top the engine and the...

Mower won't start/crank [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 14 HP B&S Murray Riding Lawn Mower that won't crank. It is an older mower but has been very good and is well maintained. When I try to crank it the flywheel turns a half turn or so and seems to be locking/hanging up. I have just purchased a new battery. No luck. Seems this happened once...

Wizard ridind mower will not crank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got on my wizard riding mower and discovered it would not crank over. I used it last week and no problem. This week it will not do anything. I put a new battery in and still nothing. I would sure appreciate any help. Thanks

View more questions Search