Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 03:14 AM
    Hi, hheath541!

Did you want any further help from me concerning what you're wanting to do?

Thanks!
    mpolo Posts: 117, Reputation: -3

Aug 26, 2009, 06:20 AM

<meta name="resource-type" content="document">
    <meta name="revisit-after" content="30">
    <meta name="classification" content="Web Hosting Solutions">
    <meta name="description" content="AD DESCRIPTION HERE">
    <meta name="keywords" content="PUT KEYWORDS HERE">
    <meta name="robots" content="ALL">
    <meta name="distribution" content="Global">
    <meta name="rating" content="General">
    <meta name="copyright" content="2005 - 2009 PUT THE NAME OF YOUR SITE HERE.">
    <meta name="author" content="PUT YOUR NAME HERE">
    <meta http-equiv="reply-to" content="PUT YOUR EMAIL HERE">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="English">
    <title>PUT THE TITLE OF YOUR SITE HERE</title>

#1 – Search Engines Traffic.
    Natural (or organic) traffic is type of traffic coming from all major search engines. If any visitor searches for some kind of information and finds your site in results, you get organic traffic! Unfortunately, it can be really hard (depending on your niche) to get website listed in the top of search engines. So one of things you may want to do – submit your URL to all major search engines manually. Usually just visit any search engine (where you want URL to be submitted) and type something like “submit URL” into search box. Engine will surely return a page where you may submit your URL for indexing. If your sites contains sitemap file (like sitemap.html or sitemap.xml), be sure to submit sitemap file as well - it will speed up whole indexing process.

#2 – Links Exchange.
    External links never hurt. The more websites will link to you, the more traffic you will get. It’s that simple! Swapping links is easy enough. All you need to do – find related websites and contact their webmasters asking to exchange text links with you. Ask webmaster to add your link to his site, and do the same for him. However, try exchanging text links with high quality sites only. Having links on junk site (which has low number of visitors) will not help much. It’s better to have one link from big website instead of having 10 links from tiny sites, remember it when looking for links exchange partners. If you want to know what is the easiest way finding links exchange partners, do this - visit ODP - Open Directory Project, select category related to your website, and then simply email webmasters of sites you like. Another way to find link partners is searching on Google.com for your top keywords. For example if you are willing to rank for "blue widgets", go to google.com and do a search for this keyword. You will get a list of top websites now try to contact owners of these websites and request link exchange.

#3 – Link Directories.
    There are thousands of link directories on the Internet. Some of them are free, and others are paid. This time we will focus on free directories only. Having links on directories not only helps increasing search engine rankings, but also help getting more visitors who come from directories to your site directly. The biggest free directory on the Internet is dmoz.org, but it accepts only very high quality websites. If you believe your site is really high quality, try submitting it to dmoz.org. Also you can find other directories easily. Just go to Google (or another favorite search engine) and type “free link directories”, "link directory", "backlinks directory", "links exchange directory" or something similar into search box. You will find hundreds of link directories waiting for your submission!

#4 – Social Networks.
    Social bookmarking networks works in similar way like link directories, but there are some differences too. The main difference from link directories is popularity. Social networks get millions of visits per day, so you may get more traffic too. However, to become successful in social networking, your site must contain high quality content. When you submit your URL to social site, other visitors can rate it. If rating is high, your URL is moved into main page where more people can see it. Adding links to social networking sites also will help getting better rankings in search engines. This work is pretty hard, so you may submit URLs manually or use any automated social bookmarks submitter software – it’s up to you. And here is the list of top 30 social bookmarking sites (where you may submit your URL) - Top 20 Most Popular Social Bookmarking Websites

#5 – Forum Traffic.
    There are thousands of webmaster forums around, and most of them have special sections where members can reveal their websites for reviews and criticism. After posting a message about your website, you will get not only a direct backlink, but also professional tips and criticism from other community members. So you will know what needs to be improved. However, be sure to read forum rules before making any post (especially if you are a new member to forum). Different forums have different rules, and if your message will not comply to these rules, your account will be banned and message deleted. It’s better to spend minute reading basic rules, instead of posting message with your URL and getting everything deleted shortly. If you want to find forums where you may submit website for review, use “webmaster forum”, “site showcase”, “show your site forum”, “site reviews forum” and similar terms in search engines – you will surely find hundreds of forums waiting for you.

#6 – Signatures.
    Many message boards, blogs and other websites allow visitors using signatures. If links in signatures are allowed (once again, read forum rules first), add one or more links (most sites allow adding up to 3 links in signatures) in your own signature. Once you will post a message, signature with backlinks to your site will be automatically inserted below message. Nice and easy way to build traffic, isn’t it?
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 11:22 PM
    Hi again, hheath541!

Are you going to return to this thread to address those of us who've tried to give you help with what you're trying to accomplish?

Thanks!

Aug 26, 2009, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi again, hheath541!

Are you going to return to this thread to address those of us who've tried to give you help with what you're trying to accomplish?

Thanks!
    I am very sorry if my answer did not help. I tried:mad: my best
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 26, 2009, 11:35 PM

Yeah, sorry. I got distracted.

I'm still trying to figure out everything mpolo said. Most of it makes sense, I'm just trying to figure out how to put the rest of it together.

Would the html coding go on my homepage? Would it create visible clutter (all the info being visible to users)?

Aug 26, 2009, 11:44 PM

OK, JUST PLACE THIS IN THE BODY OF YOUR PAGE.

<html>

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <title>type the name of the page here</title>
    </head>

<body>

<p><script language=JavaScript>
    <!--
    var message="Function Disabled!";

///////////////////////////////////
    function clickIE4(){
    if (event.button==2){
    alert(message);
    return false;
    }
    }

function clickNS4(e){
    if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!docume nt.all){
    if (e.which==2||e.which==3){
    alert(message);
    return false;
    }
    }
    }

if (document.layers){
    document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
    document.onmousedown=clickNS4;
    }
    else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){
    document.onmousedown=clickIE4;
    }

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false")

// -->
    </script></p>

</body>

</html>

THERE WILL BE (MP WAY) PEOPLE WILL READ YOUR SCRIPT

THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COPY AND PASTE
    NO PICTURE SELECTION

WELL, NOTHING...

LET ME KNOW IF THEY DO CAUSE I WILL GET IT HARDER.
    Experts

Aug 26, 2009, 11:46 PM

OK, that is greek to me. It basically just prevents people from copying anything from my site?

Also, have you looked at my web site? Does it need that?

Aug 26, 2009, 11:47 PM
    Damm, I am helping you all and I got one of my posted taking out. Was just trying to give some tips lol anyway.. you guys are awesome anyway...

Aug 26, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    ok, that is greek to me. It basically just prevents people from copying anything from my site?

Also, have you looked at my web site? Does it need that?
    Yeps

Aug 26, 2009, 11:49 PM
    What is it. Domain?

Aug 26, 2009, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpolo View Post
    yeps
    I do it to all my sites

BTW, submit is to all the search engines before you put that code up (they changes the tech anyway, no big worry!

Aug 26, 2009, 11:55 PM

Let me know if you need any scrips or something. Anything about sites, just let me know.

Aug 26, 2009, 11:57 PM
    If you want to be on the first page of Google, just let me know.:)
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 11:58 PM
    I AM VERY SORRY IF MY ANSWER DID NOT HELP. I TRIED:mad: MY BEST
    You answered just fine, mpolo!

I'm glad that you responded!

Thanks!

Aug 26, 2009, 11:58 PM

I got to go to sleep:eek:

Aug 27, 2009, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    You answered just fine, mpolo!

I'm glad that you responded!

Thanks!
    Thank you, I try my best, and your guys are very very nice. I will help as much as I can. BTW you got some great comments about my post. Thank you:)
    Experts

Aug 27, 2009, 12:03 AM
    what is it. Domain?
    The link is in my signature.

Aug 27, 2009, 12:10 AM
    ok, that is greak to me. it basically just prevents people from copying anything from my site?

also, have you looked at my web site? does it need that?
    People will not be able to view your script nor copy anything from your site (unless they hack you) and that's still hard, hackers hate that<<< just put the code in. If you have your picture on your site NO ONE will be able to copy them unless they got Snag it or some sort:) of similar software.

Let me know anytime if you need any help, I'll be here

:)

Aug 27, 2009, 12:12 AM
    the link is in my signature.
    Put the link up
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 12:12 AM
    So, how shall we proceed from here, hheath541?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Promoting resort [ 6 Answers ]

How do I write a good marketing letter about promoting my resort to various corporate companies?

Letter promoting business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have started a business from home. Could I get help formatting a letter to businesses informing them of the services offered. Thank you,

Promoting healing [ 5 Answers ]

My 14 yr. old son plays sports and is constantly bruised or has muscle aches and sprains is there vitamins or any alternative to promote healing? I am concerned about giving him anti imflamatory meds

Event promoting [ 2 Answers ]

Do give the details of my event to the nightclub owner before the club is booked??

View more questions Search