Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    Even on Facebook most people wouldn't know much personal things from looking at my profile,unless I personally told them. :p
    But that's how I use Facebook, only people I know and see in real life are friended. They already know that personal stuff about me. We just get to see updates on each others' lives in a more convenient way.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    No one would want my pic other than to throw darts at.
    And if they want to steal my ID then they will be the sorriest broke people in the world.
    It isn't JUST identity theft that I worry about. It is finding where you are... stalking you... finding you and then who knows what. OR even the people you know they can do that to... crazy people are out there... yes, yes there are!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 02:04 PM
    N0help4u, you may want to work on your self-esteem issues though.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    YOu shouldnt say such things...Nohelp, you are a great help to some people here....AND I think that is amazing;)
    I agree starty :cool:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    It isn't JUST identity theft that i worry about. It is finding where you are....stalking you....finding you and then who knows what. OR even the people you know they can do that to....crazy people are out there....yes, yes there are!
    Yeah but, who would be crazy enough to post their address and phone number on a public site like Facebook...

I tell people my number if I trust them but just by adding someone as a friend doesn't mean they can automatically access all your darkest secrets and information...

All people see on mine is my e-mail (which is a hotmail account anyway) and my silly status updates.

I can understand why people don't like giving their name etc out like yourself and needkarma, that's fine, but as I said, it really doesn't bother me.
    Yeah there are some creeps out there but if you spend all your time worrying about who is going to try and steal your identity today or start stalking you then you had better stop using credit cards and leaving your house.

On Facebook no-one can follow me home, in real life they can!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 02:59 AM

That's right Shazzy. Anyway, one can hide all the personal details from the other friends (though I don't see the point of putting them on facebook), create groups in their friends to act as a sort of filter.

I'll take my Facebook account as example. I only have my name, email address, and date of birth on it, no more. What can other people really do with that? I wonder...

Perhaps only 'make' fun of one's 'late age' and being on a supposed 'teen site', I don't see anything that could be done...

Concerning your status, you can 'share' things that aren't that important, that's simple.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 03:39 AM

Yeah that's a good point Unky.
    I haven't bothered to do it but you can put different 'friends' into different groups and then choose which groups view certain information, photos etc...
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 03:52 AM

Yes, that was exactly my point. :)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 09:21 AM
    I suppose I was so screwed that it makes me wonder why others don't think they will get screwed... and you guys are having a mindset that... "it can"t happen to me"

YOu guys are going to do what you want, and I am fine with that. I just wish you to be careful while doing it... cause I care;) Lots of love!
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 09:31 AM

Nah we are just not as silly as you... jokes, jokes :p

I do try to be careful, get to know people before I tell them anything private, I just need to be popular :p
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 02:54 PM

I don't know why I am into some depression thing so don't mind me,
    I ignore a lot of things so they don't get to me and then (now) it is all getting to me.

Usually my song to describe me is Drops Of Juniper

But lately its been I started a joke.
    YouTube - Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 03:02 AM

*hugs* N0help

What's bothering you?
    You shouldn't keep things bottled up, you need to vent somehow whether it be talking about it or screaming into a pillow, you've got to let the emotion out somehow.
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 03:52 AM

I'm with you Shazzy, keeping everything inside is like empowering a bomb with a timer... =/
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 06:47 PM

I am starting to feel better today a little bit.
    I think it is just that not working or having any money through the summer had me feeling like I couldn't and didn't want to do anything.
    Then I was depressed for not accomplishing a thing this summer. It really started when my boyfriend got put in jail for missing a court date. The whole thing doesn't make any sense to me how they can be keeping him when people who do commit crimes walk out of jail within a week or two.
    By next week I should have my first pay back and I can get caught up then I know I'll feel better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to invite him over,but what would we do? [ 4 Answers ]

OK I really like this guy and he really likes me(so he says) and I want to invite him to hang out over at my house but what would we do?I don't want to be a couch potato and just plop down to watch TV,that's boring but I have no idea what else we would do!! I know what to do if we go out and hang...

Didn't get invite but expected to show up [ 5 Answers ]

We received a graduation announcement for our nephew. No other information was given about a party or dinner out, nothing. We come to find out that our inlaws are very upset with us because we did not call them to find out what the plan was for after the graduation and because we were not...

View more questions Search