Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    Just to put it out there...if any of you that are on my facebook and you share who I am with any member here....I will accept that we will no longer be friends...I expect you to feel the same way if I ever even thought about it.
    I say this with all the love in my heart...but some people are just not who you think they are. They just aren't. There are only certain people that I can trust here.....you know who you are. Thanks. HUGS!
    BE CAREFUL! I have already learned my lesson.
    This is so true, anonymity being the word here.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2009, 08:51 PM

Oh well
    I see why I gave up trying to have friends in my life. Everybody likes sticking to themselves.

TOO discouraging for me!

I guess I am better of playing another 200 games of bejeweled.

Sorry for asking
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 02:41 AM
    You need to make the distinction between the internet and real life. In real life you get to meet the people who may be your friends, you see the non-verbal cues and the way they interact with others. On the internet people can put on personas that aren't really their true identity; the problem here is that their true identity can be toxic. In real life you would be able to spot this early on, not so with internet 'friends'.
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 04:09 AM

I know it just hit me when starby died and I thought how close everybody seemed to be here and all
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 04:25 AM

I'm all for it, I mean yeah some people don't like conversing outside of this board and that's perfectly fine, I can certainly respect that, there is a fine line that people are either wary of or just don't want to cross when it comes from crossing from message board to real life.

Personally though, I have a few friends on here that I love chatting to in e-mails and on Facebook.
    I just wish I lived closer so I could chat on the phone.

And N0Help, you completely whooped my butt in bejewelled, I can't get anywhere near your score haha
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 04:55 AM

Yeah exactly
    I have met more characters and crazys in real life than on the internet for real!

I guess I just get lonely when I can't go any where, do anything or meet people because I only am at work and at home. Then when I rarely do get out every body is with their own little groups or cliques.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Yeah exactly
    I have met more characters and crazys in real life than on the internet for real!

I guess I just get lonely when I can't go any where, do anything or meet people because I only am at work and at home. Then when I rarely do get out every body is with their own little groups or cliques.
    Scratch the work part for me.
    It's just me and my partner at home, he goes to work, I sit on my own, we only have one car which he has to take so interaction is hard at the moment.
    My friends all work so I can't see them through the week, only on the odd weekend when they are not busy doing something else...

I have a new pet peeve: People who have a job that you would kill for but all they do is whinge, complain and call in sick :rolleyes:
    I swear I am going to smack that girl silly one day soon!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Oh well
    I see why I gave up trying to have friends in my life. Everybody likes sticking to themselves.

TOO discouraging for me!

I guess I am better of playing another 200 games of bejeweled.

sorry for asking
    Don't be sorry, and for sure you are a big part of a family here. BUT it is an internet fam and as you know some of them are closer to you than others, so you tend to trust them a little more. I think the longer one is online, the less they become "scared" of who you may be really talking to!
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 10:27 AM
    See I view it another way - the more a person is online the more it pulls them away from real life interpersonal relationships. I do 85% on my posting here from work while I wait for other web stuff to update.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 10:33 AM

I added you too!
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    See I view it another way - the more a person is online the more it pulls them away from real life interpersonal relationships. I do 85% on my posting here from work while I wait for other web stuff to update.
    Agreed, that is why I said when you are online too much, it gives you a sense that others may be just like you, or safe to say the least;) Through this whole time, you have pretty much remained NeedKarma... I have made a few let my info go mistakes... learned my lesson;)
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Hey start, I've been doing this web stuff since it's infancy, this is my specialty, well that and detecting bullcrap. :) Yea I may be a little more cautious than others but it serves me well.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:02 PM
    You have done well. Detect away... Good job! PS. Let me know what you find;)
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:45 PM
    it seems boring to me so far but I only have 2 people added. It seems sort of hard to find people. I can't figure out how to narrow looking for people down. Like if you want to find Ann Smith it isn't letting me narrow it down to location or anything......

...I'll have to go add you now

BRB
    I added you... my initials are C C, FYI
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:50 PM

Oh! So that was you NH! I saw your request, then went who the hell was that? *put in 'other friends' group. Lol! I'll move you now :D
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    I added you...my real name is C C, FYI
    This is exactly what I am talking about... dont you worry that some weirdo is going to come and git you? Sounds funny, but its true... and it is not funny... believe me.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:53 PM

There are a MILLION C C's around... that also isn't my full name either.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Hey start, I've been doing this web stuff since it's infancy, this is my specialty, well that and detecting bullcrap. :) Yea I may be a little more cautious than others but it serves me well.
    Because you warned me when I posted & removed my pic in the picture thread here, I am left forever wondering if someone copied it and when will it turn up! :eek:

Kidding:D,but being overly cautious around the net is how I like it.Less personal info known the better.

Even on Facebook most people wouldn't know much personal things from looking at my profile,unless I personally told them. :p
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:55 PM

No one would want my pic other than to throw darts at.
    And if they want to steal my ID then they will be the sorriest broke people in the world.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:56 PM
    No one would want my pic other than to throw darts at.
    YOu shouldn't say such things... Nohelp, you are a great help to some people here... AND I think that is amazing;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to invite him over,but what would we do? [ 4 Answers ]

OK I really like this guy and he really likes me(so he says) and I want to invite him to hang out over at my house but what would we do?I don't want to be a couch potato and just plop down to watch TV,that's boring but I have no idea what else we would do!! I know what to do if we go out and hang...

Didn't get invite but expected to show up [ 5 Answers ]

We received a graduation announcement for our nephew. No other information was given about a party or dinner out, nothing. We come to find out that our inlaws are very upset with us because we did not call them to find out what the plan was for after the graduation and because we were not...

View more questions Search