Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Can the bank do this ?
    I own an investment property that is not doing well at all and I'm seriously considering foreclosing on it. I've never done this before. When I purchased the property, it was worth much more than it is now. So if I foreclose and the bank isn't able to sell it at the due loan amount, can the bank come after me for the difference in price ? Let's say I owe 50K. The bank was only able to sell it for 20K. Do I owe the bank 30K? Thanks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlite View Post
    Do I owe the bank 30K ??
    Hello moon:

Sure you do.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

Bank garnishment, can I cash a check at my bank or will they keep it? [ 6 Answers ]

Are banks linked or does the garnishment have to be sent to all banks? I have a debt and they haven't frozen my account but about once a month they do a garnishment and drain my account. My questions: Can I just cash a check at my bank or will they keep it? If I take my check to a...

Need approx 97,000 to payoff bank note @ 145,00 bank will forgive the rest, any ideas [ 4 Answers ]

Who do we turn to? Anyone willing to invest in us?? Grants or loans we don't know??

Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the...

View more questions Search