Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassy84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Trying to get felony off record
    I got a felony for writing checks. I am on probation right now for 30 months. I have already done a year and some months. This is the only thing I have on my record. How would I go and try to get it taken off my record?? If anyone can help please do... How long do I have to wait to take action??
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 11:05 AM

You haven't even completed your sentence yet, so of course you cannot get it off your record. Several YEARS after probation and restitution are complete, you can attempt to get it expunged.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 10:56 AM

AFter you have successfully completed your probation and any fines or restitution, then you need to wait at least 10 years felony or additional criminal charges free. You'll have to petition the court showing you have been free of any new charges or convictions and then it's going to be many months before this is granted. You've got a long way to go right now so just keep doing what you're doing and not get into any additional trouble.
    TIBERIUS1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 09:14 AM

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get my felony off my record [ 3 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon, it is a state jail felony for credit card abuse... can I get it off my record

Felony record [ 6 Answers ]

I have a husband who has a felony record and he is pretty much dead in the water for 20 years he has already been out 10 but he can not be bonded,get a passport,he just got the right to vote back but every time he applies they shoot him down.I hope you are not treated as the same way excon I wish...

How to get a Felony 3 off your record? [ 3 Answers ]

Can everyone tell how to get a felony 3 off a record like yourself.

I need a felony taken off my record [ 6 Answers ]

I started at a university majoring in Medical billing and coding, I had been going forever 6 weeks, making start A's, then I find out I can not get a job in the healthcare industry with a felony. So now I have to give up on my dream career because I made a mistake. I want that felony removed, can...

How do I get a felony of my record [ 1 Answers ]

When I was 16 I was charged with stealing and I was tried as a adult. I had five year probation. I have been clean for 8 years. Is there any way to get the felony of my records?

View more questions Search