Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Getting more visitors on my BLOG
    HI there,

I was wondering if there are tips, tricks, or methods to getting more visitors to your blog. It's been up two days, and still in progress.

PS. I will certainly add it to my signature, I'm sure that''ll help a little.

Thanks for the advice in advance.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 06:21 PM

Is it on a site that is like a community thing where you can browse other users and invite them?
    Vision Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:26 PM

I don't know if you can do that. I know there are other blogs on the site. It's Blogspot. THe link to my blog is at the bottom of my sig...
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 06:30 PM

You got to redo it it didn't come out a link
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:31 PM
    I checked it out and to be truthful, it's kind of hard to read with that particular background.
    Vision Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:32 PM

I know... I really like the background, should I just change the transparency of the tables?
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I checked it out and to be truthful, it's kinda hard to read with that particular background.
    How did you get it I tried cut and paste and it didn't even work
    Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:34 PM
    That's what I would do, but I don't know much about blogging... It's just the pics and words are too hard on the eyes.
    Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    how did you get it I tried cut and paste and it didn't even work
    That's how I did it. ;)
    Vision Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:35 PM

I fixed it...
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 06:35 PM

Got it

My Cup Of Tea
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 06:52 PM

I think it would be easier to read if the back ground colors were inverted... white flowers black background.

I like those backgrounds that have the glassy 3 D depth look to them
    Vision Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:53 PM

I don't know how to do that, lol. I do however know how to change the opacity of the tables...

Nor do I know how to make the table for the Twitter part the same as the rest of the tables... LAME.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I think it would be easier to read if the back ground colors were inverted.....white flowers black background.
    I disagree. Then the black print becomes hard to read on the mostly black background. If you make the text white on the black background, then you have the same difficulty of when the white text hits anything white on the background.

Basically, any background that has such differences in colors will be difficult to read, simply because certain portions of text will not show up very well. A background like that should only be a background around stuff, not behind it. (i.e. more like a border and not a background)

I agree with the idea of changing the transparency. I would either make it extremely opaque or just dump it altogether. You can make a plain white background for the tables. That would blend in too much with the background, so I would then make the table borders thicker to separate it out more. Of course... I'd have to see it done that way to know if I really agree with myself. :D

Pink is also difficult to read, on almost any background.

Just curious... you don't mind that you've just told the entire world your name, location, a pic of yourself.. You don't have to log in to see it, and you don't have to log in to read messages here. So quite literally anyone in the entire world can see that. That gives me the total willies.
    Vision Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 07:12 PM

Yeah, I don't care...
    Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    That gives me the total willies.
    Me too. I've heard too many horror stories, as well as knowing people who have experienced same horror stories. There are too many sicko's out there these days.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:17 PM

I never had the problem I use black background but then I use colored fonts.
    Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Yeah, I don't care...
    That is what my friend thought when she disappeared from her own SCHOoL never to be found.

Search for body of Deanie Peters near Lowell schoolhouse turns up nothing, police say they have other leads in 1981 case - MLive.com
    Vision Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 09:41 PM

This post is getting off topic, does anyone know how I can make my blog come up on more searches or higher on searches?
    Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 09:55 PM
    Typically time will help it take off. How long have you had it up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dream Visitors [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if you believed that people that have passed away can visit you in your dreams? I have had a few dreams of my grandmother and I wonder if it was really her, or just my thoughts making her be there. I read somewhere that if the deceased person in your dream seems distant...

Visitors to the office [ 2 Answers ]

I have issues about communicating to my boss about his visitors. How do I tell him on phone about visitors who want to see him, keeping in mind that he doesn't enjoy or want unwarranted visits from anyone for that matter? Take note that the visitors are standing in front of me, waiting for a...

Marriage between visitors to the you.S in the you.S [ 1 Answers ]

If a foreign student on a student visa wishes to marry a visitor to the U.S what documents will they both need to do so, and will the visitor need to change his/her status to be able to remain with the student spouse for the course of his/her studies. If a change of status is needed, how...

Keys and visitors [ 5 Answers ]

I received a letter from my landlords lawyer warning me of eviction if I do not remedy a breach in the lease. The tenant downstairs claims my girlfriend is permanently occuping the apt. w/ me. The lease states 1 occupant, my girlfriend has a set of keys and spends a significant amount of time...

Unexpected visitors [ 12 Answers ]

How should I handle family members who show up at my door unexpectedly. I have asked them repeatedly to call first to see if their visit is convenient for me, but for some reason they refuse to respect my wishes. Please advise. joycesewandsew

View more questions Search