Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aecarden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 08:28 PM
    Using double wax seals
    I am setting a toilet on a tile floor. In the past I have used two wax seals, one with the flange and one without. The standard size does not seem to seal to the toilet base. How high should the wax extend above the floor and can I use two seals with the flange?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 25, 2006, 02:53 PM
    There's a problem with double sealing a toilet. Unless you bevel the wax outward it can spread inward and impede the flush action. You have failed to inform us how much lower the flange sets under the floor line so it makes it difficult to answer your question. Rather then a double seal I would use a wax seal with a funnel. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tail Devils and Board Wax [ 5 Answers ]

Hey does anybody have a specific best kind of board and rail wax I just ordered the element cube? I also have a question I just ordered five tail devils and would like to see a rating on them

Double Combo vs Double Tee [ 24 Answers ]

Hi All, The drains of my two storey home drain to one point at my basement ceiling, and then vertically to the basement floor via a 3" DWV pipe to a 4" sanitary tee that horizontally provides 1) a clean-out and 2) drain to the septic out the foundation wall. The center-line of the 4" sanitary is...

View more questions Search