Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elle Girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 07:24 PM
    Hair loss
    My hair has been getting much thinner over the past two years, and now I can really see a difference. I am only 16 years old which I think is way to early to start having hair loss problems! I've noticed that my hair line is receding, and I have some dandruff problems too, which may have something to do with the large amounts of hair I lose in the shower on a daily basis. If anyone knows of any shampoo/cream/etc. that may be able to help, please let me know!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 25, 2006, 03:30 PM
    If your hair is falling out and your hair line is receding, please consult a doctor as soon as possible. The doctor will examine your scalp and run some tests to look for the cause of your hair loss, and then prescribe a treatment.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 29, 2006, 09:29 PM
    Sweetie, your hair line is receding at 16, which is a serious problem. There's several factors that can cause the hair to shed or fall out, such as birth control pills, iron deficiency, insufficient protein, ringworm and chemicals in hair care products. Shampoos or creams aren't going to stop your hair line from receding. Tell your mother to take you to see a doctor before you lose all your hair. The doctor will ask you some questions and examine you to determine the cause of it and then prescribe a treatment like minoxidil to prevent hair loss. I certainly hope you take my advice this time.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2006, 07:21 PM
    Elle, PrettyLady is exactly right in what she says. I understand you may not want to go to a doctor, but that is what you need right now to make sure you are okay before a more serious health risk may develop.

PrettyLady mentioned iron deficiency, this is also known as anemia and is a major role player in the loss of hair in young women. This can only be diagnosed by your physician and it is important that you do so since anemia can lead to some very serious health issues, much more so than hair loss, if left untreated.

The only thing I can think of that she did not mention is diet. I don't know yours, nor do I pretend to, but for some other young women reading this thread it is important to know that anorexia will also cause this.
    007411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 07:49 AM
    I have been reading a lot about this, first don't put your hair into a ponytail very much and when your hair is wet it is very easy to break so be very careful with it. Also eat a real good breakfast like eggs bacon and sausage! That is very very important for hair!! Another very important thing is take a multi vitamin everyday!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search