Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lyndsy Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Oct 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Belly Button Piercing
    I have a belly button piercing for about 5 months now and it is taking a very long time to heel. I was told to use Mecca to help it heel but it has been discontinued, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 24, 2006, 07:13 PM
    You could try using something like Betadine, found in any pharmacy, after cleaning it thoroughly with soap and water. Though after 5 months, I would check with someone to make sure it isn't infected somehow. You don't have diabetes or any other health condition that may somehow slow the healing process do you?
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Oct 24, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Go to a tattoo parlor, or anywhere they do body piercing, and ask for sea salt. They should know what you are talking about. This stuff works great at healing almost any body piercing. Though do NOT use table salt or anything like that. They will tell you how to use it and make sure you use it properly.
    Lyndsy Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Oct 26, 2006, 06:57 AM
    Nope, no health problems what so ever. I usually watch it with anit-bacterial soap in the shower and saline solution twice a day. And recommended by a pharmacist polysporin. So I'm not sure what to do now...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Lots of questions about the belly button [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I know I've asked a lot but I'm scared of my belly button getting infected so is it OK if I covered my peirced belly button with a bandaid for like the whole healing prosses? And how long till it heals? And how do I know it healed? And some times I get stomach ache and I get sick is it because...

Belly button piercing and scars [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if id be able to get my belly button repierced under these conditions. OK first of all, I had it pierced before but it came out and closed. Now I have a dime sized lump of scar tissue wheere it was pierced. I also revently had gallbladder surgery and I have I tiney incision scar...

Belly Button Piercings [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced on Friday. It has been really red and oozing a lot of puss, which I am told is normal. But today, it seems to be leaking a clear sitcky liquid, It looks like balls on the barbell are sinking into my stomach and actually creating a bigger hole. Should I take it out or...

Repiercing my belly button? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so here is what happened, my parents said no to me getting my belly button pierced so I did it myself (I know stupid thing to do). It didn't get infected or anything but I took it out about 3-4 days ago. It was only in for about 6 days. Now my parents are saying that if I find a clean enough...

View more questions Search