Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebeccalee83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Furnace Pilot stays lit continuously
    My furnace pilot stays lit continuously
    Even though it states inside of the furnace and I quote "Pilot will light automatically when there is a call for heat. NOTE during thermostat off cycle main burners and PILOT flame are both extinguisehd.

I have gotten many rude response that say that's how a furnace works but from the instructions on the inside I think there might be a problem. So Please no rude responses I am trying to fix something. This is not a joke and I am not dumb!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2006, 09:15 PM
    Some manufactures post bad labels on furnaces. So your not dumb, you could be right and the label could be wrong. The gas valve could have been changed or modified soon after furnace was made. I need to know what kind of pilot flame recognition there is, ex. Thermocouple, bi-metal switch, mercury auto pilot, or flame rectification, getting the idea yet. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Feather lit weed eater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a feather lite weedeater. It won't prime... it acts like the hoses are hooked up backward? They seem to fit correctly... could something be pluged up to keep the gas from flowing into the prime bulb?

Using the furnace blower fan continuously [ 3 Answers ]

Please let me know if it is more efficient to have the blower fan on continuously rather than in the automatic position. If so, does it make a difference in heating mode or AC mode?

Continuously bleeding one radiator... [ 2 Answers ]

Happy christmas and a bloody good year to you all ;) I changed to all new rads, installed a few more, changed hot water cylinder, a new pump and some pipework a couple of years ago all worked well. Then last summer I put a rad in the bathroom and the pipework is complicated. It works well but is...

House of Represenitives to Outlaw Gay Lit. Funding [ 1 Answers ]

This is not a moral issue, but a free speech issue. Rep. Gerald Allen of Alabama has placed a bill into the house that will outlaw all use of state funds to purchase or maintain books that contain homesexuality in them or were written by homosexuals. This is an absolute return to Mcarthyism. Under...

View more questions Search