Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaurieFrank105 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 06:42 PM
    License revoked tdue to temporary double vision (head injury)
    My brother was in a 4 wheeler accident last week and as a result of having a head injury, he has double vision, which is less and less every day. He is at a rehabilitation hospital until next Thursday, but today the therapist said she is going to have his license revoked due to his occasional double vision, and he will have to redo the permit and license tests.

What is the legal process for this? Shouldn't they wait until he is released to see if this problem has gone away? With a seriously broken leg and arm, he will not even be able to get in his truck (it's one of those lifted jobs) let alone drive.

His eyesight is getting better each day as his head heals. I think it is premature for her to do this. Any other opinions?
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Aug 19, 2009, 08:50 PM

Your brother should make certain the administrators at the rehab hospital are aware of the therapist's plans and that they should make sure the therapist isn't violating any confidentiality laws over a brief disability that's irrelevant due to his temporary inability to climb into the vehicle.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 11:49 PM

I can see suspending his license. But the reason might be that if he were to try and drive his vehicle and crash and kill someone the doctor that didn't revoke his license could be held liable and be sued.

As far as finding out how to fix this problem, I would refer to the legal section.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revoked Drivers License [ 3 Answers ]

Can you get pulled over for a revoked drivers license, or do you have to get pulled over for another traffic violation?

Job Hunting with Revoked Drivers License from a DUI [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 DUIs and am searching for a job. I do not have a drivers license, so I use my State ID as my picture ID. Today I had an interview, and on the application they asked me what is my drivers license number. I had to leave it blank, because I haven't had a drivers license in a long time,...

Revoked license from one state cause another's conviction. [ 2 Answers ]

I was convicted of a DWI in GA the year of 2006, misdemeanor. In 2007 I decided to move to VA, surrendered my license March of 2007, and went through the process of living in two states. I received a citation for running the red light in GA, in which, the officer stated my VA license was revoked. I...

Revoked driver's license [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in Florida driver's license was suspended 3x. 1 for tickets, 2 due to child support. I was in a car accident was seriously injured therefore I could not work because of a torn rotater cup in my shoulder, job fired me, so I couldn't pay child support I got everything taking care of and paid a...

Revoked driving license [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has two dui in the state of illinios which happen back in 1995 OK now we live in Wisconsin and he received another one in sept 2004 he has since went sober and has been for 2 years and 1 month which I am proud of him. I forgot to add his license were revoked in illinios and Wisconsin...

View more questions Search