Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjhead Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 03:40 PM
    What is a good career
    I'm a 17 year old female and I want a college career. My problem is that I'm a afriad I will go to college, graduate and not be able to find a job in my field. I was thinking to getting an accocietes degree as a dental hygienist. I researched it on Monster.com and found NO JOBS in austin, Texas which is where I live. I do not want to be a nurse. Although I was hoping for a medical career. Does anyone know a good career where when I graduate I will be able to find employment? Please help.

J.J.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Medical careers don't include just nursing or hygienist. Have you looked at respiratory therapy, physical therapy, lab or X-ray technician positions, or even EMT work? Then there's all the admin work specialties: billing, transcription, records, etc. Monster is good if you're willing to fly off for interviews in Baltimore or Tacoma, but closer in you might consider Craig'slist or even old fashioned newspapers.
    setexenv Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2009, 09:15 AM
    You are wise to research jobs before you start making decisions about college. I wouldn't let a single jobs website determine what jobs are available and what jobs aren't available though. Check the help wanted ads in Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio newspapers for medical jobs/help wanted. Still, you need to major in something that you can be passionate about when you graduate. Just finding a vocation where there are jobs available doesn't mean that you will enjoy working in that field. Believe me, there's hardly anything more disheartening than to spend 2 to 6 years in college, graduate, and then find that you really don't like the work that you have trained for. Try to talk to someone currently practicing what you are interested in (dental hygienist, for example). You've got plenty of time to decide. Look at all the opportunities for 2 year associate degrees and also specialized training such as court reporting, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Is Underwater Welder a good career? [ 3 Answers ]

Somebody please help me, I just found out that my step dad got offered a job running this boat on the Alabama rivers, he said that he would hire me as an underwater welder. Also... it seems interesting, and I heard that it pays really good money. Is this true? And.. If my step-dad falls through,...

View more questions Search