Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinytots Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Company Refusing to Pay Earned Commissions and Renewals
    I work for a healthcare consultant company that refuses to pay me when due. They pay whenever they feel is convenient for them. Last week, they didn't post my commissions. The week before they didn't post my monthly renrewals that are always 2 months behind. This happens all the time and several times it has cost me several bank fees since they didn't post when they said they would. The handbook clearly states that they are to pay our renewals on the first Friday of the month and then any policies that become active prior to FRIDAY they will post commissions every Friday. I have contacted them several times as they are in TEXAS and I'm in IL. I'm tired of spending countless days and hours trying to get my $$$ that they have already been paid by the insurance company. This is ongoing and frustrating. This past time it took the payroll guy over one week to respond to any emails, phone messages or personal messages left with the secretary. This company is constantly behind and doing this as they please - I need advice on what to do!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Hello tiny:

If it were me, I'd stop doing business with them... That may not be an option for you. If you're not willing to take that step, and as long as they eventually pay, I wouldn't do anything about it - cause anything you do will result in the relationship ending anyway.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commissions and COGS [ 10 Answers ]

I pay commissions to outside sales reps on products that they sell. Are the commissions that they are paid considered to be Cost of Goods sold or under operational expenses

Commissions or referral fees [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I live in NJ, don't have a real estate license. I have just started by chance to introduce investors to projects where they needs joint ventures and the other way around. Li find fundings for projects (hard money) this I do all over Europe and the US. I am not incorporated yet and no license....

Are my commissions taxewd hire than my salary? [ 2 Answers ]

I accepted a job that offers $2000 a month, which is low, with a 12% commission paid after I reach a certain sales amount per month. Why is such a huge chunk of each commission check gone in greater proportion than my salary check? I was told commissions are taxed higher. How can I change this? Is...

Draws on Commissions should be what kind of an account? [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of an account should Draws on Commissions be for salesmen? It is currently entered as "Other Current Assets" and I have been told it should be an expense account.

Sales Commissions [ 1 Answers ]

What general ledger accounts do I Debit & Credit when I book an entry for employee sales commissions?

View more questions Search