Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Aug 19, 2009, 04:49 AM
    Where to buy a higher concentration HQ online?
    NOT 4% please! I want something that's like 10%, does anybody know where I could buy that?
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 19, 2009, 04:54 AM

dessaml... someone had mentioend some time ago that you can buy it from various photografic stores online... try one of those.. it might work for you...

I have purchased mine from Amandahitech... but don't take my word for it... otherwisepeople will be quick to call me a seller for it !

Besides I haven't started using the HQ as I am still using the monobenzone...

Aug 19, 2009, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    dessaml ... someone had mentioend some time ago that you can buy it from various photografic stores online ... try one of those .. it might work for you ....

I have purchased mine from Amandahitech... but dont take my word for it ....otherwisepeople will be quick to call me a seller for it !

Besides I havent started using hte HQ as I am still using the monobenzone....
    I'm not sure what you mean by photografic stores online?

Aug 19, 2009, 05:12 AM

Fotografic stores... as in the foto developer stores
    Put in search on Google things like photograde hydroquinone... from photo shops

You will get a list of places... I know photograde hydroquinone sounds impure.. but I believe it is round about the same purity... besides I have heard people who used hq from such shops actually got better lightening than the ones from lightening sites...

Aug 19, 2009, 05:41 AM
    Thanks. I found 99% hydroquinone! Something tells me that might kill me lol, but I'll keep looking. This is difficult, you can get mono but its hard finding HQ higher than 4%... makes no sense.

Aug 19, 2009, 06:17 AM

Thts because Monobenzone is still being used as a prescription medication and it doesn't show any link to cancer, ochronosis etc

Hydroquinone is also being used as a medication but causes lots more proven side effects..

That's the only reason ! And just an advice to you... Buy your hq from a photo store and not some lightening site... because it's their business to sell it and to make profits they tweak these products significantly...

Aug 28, 2009, 09:14 AM

Hey dessaml.. did you purchase hq frm the foto stores?

Does it wrk ?
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Aug 28, 2009, 12:47 PM

Yep, best bet would be to make your own HQ solution if you're looking for higher concentrations.

You can find pure HQ powder (a bit costly, but 99% pure and legitimate) on several skin-based sites. Diluting it with regular lotion should work effectively.

Average price I've seen is about 1oz/28 grams for about $15; cheaper than Arbutin, despite my choice to stick with it.

Aug 28, 2009, 02:00 PM
    hey dessaml ..did you purchase hq frm the foto stores?

does it wrk ?
    Unfortunately no. I'm not going to even dare try putting 99% HQ on my face. I found one place that has a 10% but I am not going to pay $136 for it. I'd be better off buying HQ powder and taking it to a pharmacist and having them make it for me.
    neptuno Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Aug 28, 2009, 03:00 PM
    dessaml ... someone had mentioend some time ago that you can buy it from various photografic stores online ... try one of those .. it might work for you ....

I have purchased mine from Amandahitech... but dont take my word for it ....otherwisepeople will be quick to call me a seller for it !

Besides I havent started using hte HQ as I am still using the monobenzone....

Were did you buy your mono?

Can you tell me please.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concentration [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate concentartion?

Calculate concentration [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have 38.8ug/ml (u = micrograms, don't know how to get the symbol) DNA in solution. Two questions: 1) If I add 1.4ul of this solution to 18.6ul of solution what is the formula to calculate the concentration of DNA in my new 20ul solution? 2) If I want 100ng of DNA in the new solution,...

Calculating concentration [ 1 Answers ]

I am stuck on this question and can't seem to figure it out. Question: calculate the maximum magnesium ion concentration in an aqueous solution of 0.020 M barium hydroxide, Ba(OH)2. The Ksp for magnesium hydroxide, Mg(OH)2, is 1.2 x 10^-11 at 25 degrees Celsius. Thanks

Concentration... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My problem is that I can only sit to study a particular subject for around 15 minutes. What I mean is... suppose I take a biology lesson which I have to complete learning within 2 hours. Now as I start studying... I'll learn for say around 15 minutes without many thoughts coming to my...

View more questions Search