Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goonerfan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 02:45 AM
    Should I include my previous job on my CV?
    My previous job only lasted 3 weeks, it was a full time post but didn't work out as they felt they required something different from the role. I would like to leave it off my CV, is this wise or will a prospective new employer find out somehow?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 04:49 PM

A 3 week job can easily be left off your resume. They have no way of finding out about this job unless you tell them about it.
    goonerfan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 03:53 PM

Thanks for that. I'm in the UK and my worry is that when they process my PAYE they'll find out from the inland revenue about my previous employment, am I worrying too much?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 04:03 PM

Yes
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 04:15 PM

Is it suppose to be listed, esp if you are using a detaled list of places worked, yes,

Would most people leave it off, yes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ineritence? Include? [ 1 Answers ]

In visual studio 05 I'm using visual basic and on one form (form1) I have a listbox called Pnames and on a different form (form2) I have a textbox where the user inputs their name, on that same form I have a button that when clicked I want the name in the textbox to be added to the list box in...

What should I include in my paragraphs [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write an essay from a short story. I came up with a thesis question but I am not sure how to compose my story and what I should include. I am afraid that I will contradict myself with my thesis question. The story that I have to write the essay from is a bit vague. You have to read in...

Do I have to include these W2s when I file? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question. I have multiple W2s, two of which have no Federal or State tax withheld. My wages on them are 206 and 2893 dollars-- my other two W2s I made more money and taxes were then taken out. Why do my two W2s have no taxes withheld? Also, I did my taxes online at Taxslayer-- I...

Prices do not include T/L/F. [ 2 Answers ]

Prices do not include T/L/F. anyone knows what it means when you buying a car

View more questions Search