Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pawan500 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 02:41 AM
    Convert jpg file to word file
    I have some 200 year old documents, hand written in urdu script. I wish to have them translated into english.

However, first I need to scan them into (say) tif or jpg file and then convert it to a word file. How do I convert the jpg file into a word file?

Is there any other option of achieveing my goal?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 06:27 AM

Do a Google search for Optical Character recognition. You're about to go down a bumpy road.

This is doable, but I have to admit that the amount of time it takes to scan/optically analyze and convert to text, then proofread the result... it often rivals the time it would have taken to simply type it out.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 07:02 AM

Give this a try
    Zamzar - Free online file conversion
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 11:58 AM

Seahwk, that just converts pics to other pic formats. IrfanView does that, is free, and doesn't require email addresses, and is WAY more powerful as a pic management tool.

This is an OCR issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert A.Illustraor "letterhead" file to Word file to type letters in [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have created a letterhead template/file in Adobe Illustrator in colour. I know I can "convert to Word file" in Illustrator, but the images (logo, text) come out a bit fuzzy and unclean. I want to be able to open the letterhead in Word so that I can type letters directly on the...

How do I convert power point file to avi file [ 1 Answers ]

How do I convert text to video image?

Convert .imw file [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I desperately want to find out the name of a tune I have in the "sounds" in incredmail. I need to play it to the bbc, Facebook, or YouTube but don't know how! How do I get this .imw music file out of incredimail onto a cd? I think it needs to be converted to an mp3 maybe? Any help please?...

How to convert mdb file to exe file [ 4 Answers ]

How to convert MS office Xp Access mdb into an exe file

Convert exe. To mp3 file [ 3 Answers ]

Can I convert a song that's as an exe file back to mp3 file

View more questions Search