Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joet57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 04:25 PM
    Paper Wasps Help
    Hi All
    I have a problem and hope someone can help. I have a paper wasp nest the size of a basket ball in my attic how do I get rid of it. Please HELP
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2006, 07:17 AM
    The nice thing is that the sprays meant for wasps kills them instantly... and if it were a smaller next I'd suggest going up there at night when they're not active and soaking the heck out of it... but with one that big, there's no way you'll kill them all before they come out and come after you.

I see you are in NE USA... this is good news. They will die soon - probably shortly after first frost... maybe a bit longer since it's inside.

... And thankfully, paper wasps do not reuse nests (but you still want to get rid of it when they're dead).

If it were me I would not pay an exterminator to get rid of them... I'd just wait until they're dead and remove the nest.
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Oct 25, 2006, 04:59 PM
    Joe,
    Or instead of spraying, you could put one of the insect strips in the room with them. The kind that looks like a slab of yellow cheese that slides into a sleeve and you hang it up. Works great in my shed where mud dobbers are constantly trying to build their nest. It shouldn't take long to kill them. The package should tell you how many to buy depending on the size of your attic. Then I would make sure to keep a few handy for the future. I've used them for years. Used them in my barn also for all kinds of creepy crawly things. --Ace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need help on history paper [ 4 Answers ]

Hi and thanks whoever is going to help I'm having a subject on Vietnam war and I need sources with various pictures. Yes I need a lot of PICTURES, not documents. Thanks.

Research paper help [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing my first research paper and I am attempting to explain the positive effects on society from a. edgar allen poe b. mae west c. industrial rock And how these groups are examples of different types of controversy that are positive to our culture Do you have any suggestions on how I...

Preventing wasps [ 2 Answers ]

Last year, I had a nest underneath my back door and both myself and my puppy were constantly being stung. This year, I sprayed and patched the space under the door before they appeared. But, before I did this, I checked for a nest and could not find one. I sprayed anyway. Since they haven't...

Preventing Wasps [ 2 Answers ]

Last summer my entire family got stung by wasps. There was about 10 different nests under the railing of our large deck. The most problemsome was the nests near the gates that connected the deck to the pool area. We tried sprays of all kinds then just resorted to avoiding the main gate, but this...

Wasps ! [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know of a good way to get rid of wasps? I bought one of those traps (yellow) with bait inside, hung it next to the "hive" and now after 3 days not even one wasp. Looked at the directions and it says " not for paper wasps" . What's a paper wasp and how do you tell? How do you get rid of...

View more questions Search