Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2009, 08:00 PM
    Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista?
    August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over.

It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it back to it's previous state. Sucks.

So how can I still update my window vista? I can't install that update because it's bad.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 08:05 PM

Download the file by itself and do not use the update to update this one

Update for Windows Vista (KB968389)
    Download details: Update for Windows Vista (KB968389)

Download and install this way to see if it gets installed properly
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2009, 08:08 PM

Thanks =) that was fast, let me try and see...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

Windows Vista error after update [ 6 Answers ]

On my windows vista laptop, an update came up and I pressed restart now and then it took ages to update and do everything, but when it turned back on again it said I had an error and could only log on to my main user. If I tried to log on to the other 3 users then it said "group policy client...

View more questions Search