Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paul W Carl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Furnace shuts down starts only after off switch
    Our Furnace comes on and only runs for a minute or so... the first fan comes on and it sounds like water in the fan... we have a humidifier on side... then the blower fan comes on and it only runs for a few minutes.it doesn't get up to the tempter we set it too.( tried both.digital themo and old mercury Switch style)

It only comes on when we reset the furnace switch... it is getting very cold.

Thanks in advance
    Paul
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 24, 2006, 06:57 PM
    Is sounds like water is backing up inside the system. Make sure all the drain lines are clear and that the flue is not trapping water if it has any horizontal runs
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2006, 09:11 PM
    Not enough information to begin to help you, sorry.
    mozzis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Same symptom, cleaning the water drain line fixed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Limit Switch [ 15 Answers ]

I've raised this issue in other forums. I have a high efficiency furnace that has worked flawlessly for the last four years (the house was built in 2000). This year we had to have the circuit board replaced. After that there was a problem with the blower, i.e. it wasn't shutting down after the...

My PC Starts, then shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, OK just put a new motherboard in & cpu & basically it boots for about 5-10 seconds then shuts down again, getting shorter each time unless I leave it while any ideas Thanks

Carier furnace shuts off before reaching temp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carier weathermaker furnace that shuts off before reaching temp. any idea what could be the problem.

Furnace blower switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gravity furnace. On one leg of the system I' ve Placed a small 110volt blower fan with a manual switch. Is there any type of switch that can be wired into the 24 volt furnace thermostat so the blower only runs when the furnace is on.. I've added this to give a little heat to the...

View more questions Search