Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    accountant123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Recording Warranty Premiums in a Warranty Adm. Company
    How do I record warranty premiums in an Warranty Administration Company? I think that it should be recorded as a liability to the warranty insurance captive company. Also that any cash receipts for the warranty administration should be recorded as income. Is this correct?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:24 AM

What does a warranty administration company do?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 02:41 AM

These should NOT be recorded as a liability.
    This an example of CONTINGENT LIABILITIES.
    They should be recorded as NOTES to the
    Balance Sheet.
    Cash Receipts crystallised should be treated as Income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get money back from a home warranty company? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a home warranty contract from National Home Protection last Monday morning, then I changed my mind and called to cancel the contract in the afternoon on the same day. They told me the contract had been cancelled. (but I forgot to ask for the confirmation number) Today I found my...

If a title company gives your warranty deed to the second are they liable? [ 1 Answers ]

History A girlfriend took possession of a house I purchased but was stupid enough to add her as a co-borrower or secondary borrower. We went to mediation agreeing she could have the home if she refinanced (within 90 days) it in her name, removing my responsibility, and she paid me monies for my...

Difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed?

What is the estimated warranty expense and warranty cost? [ 1 Answers ]

A company sells computers with a 6-month warranty. In January, the company sold 100,000 computers at $1,750 each, and 1,500 computers were turned in for repairs during the same month. The total repairs amounted to $185,000 costs from the computer parts inventory. It is estimated that 2% of all...

Warranty expense/ warranty liability [ 1 Answers ]

I am really confused with the following problem and do not know where to even start. C Company began operating near the beginning of 2004. During 2004, C Co. sold plasma televisions for $2,000 each, all carrying a two-year warranty against defects. C company's cost for each plasma television was...

View more questions Search