Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 09:11 AM

You can't just jump out of a ten year relationship and hop into another one. That screams of dependence and lonliness issues. It takes time to heal from a break up regardless of the situation. In all honesty, yes, you seem to be a rebound. Convenience over love.
    Sooo Confused Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Aug 19, 2009, 09:15 AM

I understand how someone from the outside not involved would see it, but he and I were NOT strangers, we knew each other for two years, and yes he and his ex hung around with my crowd, but its not like we did not know each other, he had time to heal before he walked away from his ex. He got over her, and now he is with me. I am sorry, I don't feel I am a rebound. Everyone keeps saying that, but unless you have been in my shoes, you really have no idea what you are talking about. I am not a convience for him, he loves me with all of his heart. His ex is a thing of the past.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 09:19 AM
    There you go being defensive again. YOU ARE NOT BEING ATTACKED HERE!!!!
    but I would say that he is over his ex, and their relationship.
    Then stop punishing him, and being distrustful, and build, not tear down.

Aug 19, 2009, 09:21 AM

How am I being distrustful? I have done NOTHING wrong. I am not punishing him, I am protecting myself, until I can freely forgive him. I know over time I can do it, I was hoping for a quick way to do it, that is why I posted my question here, but you people just like to judge and don't offer me any real advice, so I guess I will figure it out for myself. Thanks for your time.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Methinks you were looking for some magic potion that would make everything go your way.life s not like that.my opinion as regards your partner is that no one heals from such a longterm partnership as the one he left in a couple of months.

Aug 19, 2009, 10:22 AM

Yes a magic potion would be great about now, lol! I just wish we could be as happy as he is promising me we will be. Its just a question of when, and that is where I would love some sort of magic spell to help me. Where is Criss Angel when I need him? LOL
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:24 AM

Relationships are about development of personalities towards a common goal. Just take it slow, be aware of each other's actions, communicate and be patient. That's really all you can ask for. Don't over analyze and don't always assume. Be there for each other, get through this rough time together and see what kind of level ground you stand on at a day to day basis.

Aug 19, 2009, 10:31 AM

Okay, thanks Kctiger for your help. I really do appreciate an insightful approach to this situation. I know I do come off as defensive, and I somewhat am in a way, because I would hate to step back and see that this was all for nothing. I would hate to admit this relationship was a failure from the start, and that how we started deserves the karma I am getting now. But thanks everyone for your assistance, and I will see what happens from here.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 01:20 PM

Good luck.:-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think my boyfriend has bad karma [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem like a pretty weird question, but I think my boyfriend might have bad karma. He's a nice, good guy but his car keeps getting broken into. This has been going on for about five years. It doesn't matter where we are or what kind of car he is driving, his car has been crashed into while...

Coincidence - or Karma? [ 6 Answers ]

Quickie: My sister-in-law died mysteriously at the home of her ex-husband in Texas in 2001. Her ex-husband died mysteriously in the same home in 2004. There were several things reported to us by a friend of our former in-law that make us feel that Luanne may have taken revenge for her death...

Do You believe in KARMA? [ 19 Answers ]

WELL I was just wondering if anyone else believes in karma I know I do, I think I'm paying the price right now.. just thought it would be neat from other opinions :rolleyes:

Karma scale [ 17 Answers ]

Is there such a thing as a karma scale, for example if something great happened to me would something equally as bad happen to balance it out, and if I do something that isn't that bad, will something that isn't that good happen

Karma is all I can say [ 1 Answers ]

Here is my problem. I am divorced and have joint custody with her having primary residence. She has done nothing but use our children as cash cows for herself. Any how My questions are these. My ex has to have extensive surgery on her spine. That will render her Disabled. That is not being...

View more questions Search