Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmcclure Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Catholic Confirmation
    What will you have to do during Confirmation class and being Confirmed? And can your sponsors be relatives?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Hi, kmcclure!

In general, there are many things that a person has to do to get confirmed. Some of what must be done will be according to the customs of a particular parish and/or diocese. So, customs, as to what is done to prepare for confirmation can vary, but must remain within the precepts of that ordained by the Catholic church at large and according to the particular Catholic denomination. I'm not sure as to which one it is to which you're referring. There is more than one Catholic denomination.

Also, according to what I understand, relatives can be sponsors, but not the mother or father of the confimand, and also, the sponsor must be at least fourteen years old. I believe that the foregoing is according to the precepts of the American Catholic Church. But perhaps, someone else may be able to shed some additional light as to who might sponsor the confirmand.

For further information, please click on the following links.

Confirmation

RE:Quest: Rites and Sacraments: Confirmation

Confirmation - Catholic Sacrament of Confirmation - Initiation

Catholic Confirmation: A Commitment Worth Making

The Catholic Answers Are Precise and Concise.

Confirmation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Confirmation

Thanks!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Clough,
    Excellent!!
    That covers all that I was going to say about it.
    I have been confirmed twice.
    Once as a Protestant and once as a Roman Catholic.
    Preparing for both took a lot of time and study.
    They were well worth it for I learned a lot about faith and the bible in those classes.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:35 AM
    Thank you, arcura! I appreciate your response!

I do hope that kmcclure returns to give us more particulars concerning the particular type of Catholicism it is to which is being referenced.

God's Love and Peace to You!

Thanks!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 09:54 PM
    Clough,
    Yes, since there are over a dozen different Catholic Churches each with its own rite that would be interesting and informative.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 02:39 AM
    Thank you for that information, arcura!

It's much appreciated!

God's Love and Peace to You!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confirmation of love [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know whether this boy who says that he loves me really loves me or is it just mere attraction?

Confirmation regarding month [ 1 Answers ]

Askmehelpdesk, My last period date was on 9th July 2007. It is confirmed that I am carrying. Till today I have not noted any movement of baby. Please let me know that for how may month the movement of baby start and As on today how may weeks I am carrying. Thanking you,

Gates Confirmation [ 1 Answers ]

We all know by now that Rumsfeld has resigned (finally!) and that President Bush has nominated Robert Gates to be the new Secretary of Defense. This leads me to a two-part question: a) When does the current Congress start meeting again? b) Will the confirmation hearing be done with the...

Confirmation [ 1 Answers ]

Okay. I need a confirmation about this movie I once saw and I need to know if the title to this movie is correct. I saw this movie a long time ago about some people that were in space. Something went wrong and there were some aliens that had one big eye. I think they were red or something and...

View more questions Search