Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 03:00 AM
    New Jets for Washington.
    Does it make any sense ordering brand new jets for Washington when too much of the rest of the country is sacrificing so much already? Talk about bad timeing... I don't think buying new jets to Look powerful and sharp to impress other countries would work right now. Ever here of world economy/news.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 17, 2009, 03:26 AM

Here's a few things you need to consider, to decide if the jets where a good idea.
    1#Do the jets do the job better than the old ones did? Do they carry more? Are they faster? Are they more fuel efficient?
    2#Where the old jets still useable? What state of useability/repair are they in?
    3# Do these new jets project a better image of america to foreign countries? It is a good idea to instill confidence in america.
    4#Are these jets better for security?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2009, 04:43 AM

And one more point, will an order for these jets keep people employed and the company in business?
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 11:39 AM

1#
    Do the jets do the job better than the old ones did
    I would certainly hope so or what's the point

Do they carry more?
    Do you really think all the old jets were filled up all the time?

What state of useability/repair are they in?
    As the Gov over does things do you think the current planes sat around and were not maintained to the highest standards.. to begin with that's Not controlled by the Gov in that sense. All U.S. planes are controlled By yearly certifications/inspections no matter who owns the plane. My gals brother is a pilot and it cost him over $20,000 a year to certified a small 2 set private plane. All planes has to go through this to be allowed off the ground. You are looking at this like the family car. As is Scottgem in the other direction. I run a business with heavy equipment and I Have to justifies and crunch those numbers. It's the old " Ways to justifies the means" and how do I sell that to the board members especially being a non profit company Exactly like the Government.

3# Do these new jets project a better image of America to foreign countries?
    That imagine is what. Foreign countries is where WE are borrowing the Money From. We are in the hole by the trillions! The imagine could be look at there Gov. There people are losing there homes and hears the Fat Cats in Washington is still Spending there tax peoples money on luxury's. If those 'Other countries" aren't aware of the U.S. economy perils then what's the point. Need to be in the ring.
    It is a good idea to instill confidence in America
    For WHO Are there that many Americans that are this Dumb. News is telling lies and the president mentions Trillions in debt..

4#Are these jets better for security?
    After 911 ALL the Gov planes were upgraded.. I could see the point here if it's the same people that can't secure our southern borders.
    And one more point, will an order for these jets keep people employed and the company in business?
    Scottgem A pretty sure you told me were a rep for the union. I can see your partiality way of thinking
    That's a real Stretch. A few planes sold in the U.S. "Plane world" isn't even a drop in the bucket. If you held to that then let our Gov taxpayers money replace all the Gov cars so the factories gets more orders while the rest of us can't even put gas in ours.. But we fill up there gas tanks..

More then likely theses planes could be modified left overs from overseas countries canceled contracts and were basically already built. Oh and they sold how many during all those years with the war in Iraq. This isn't Detroit car manf. It's a Luxury items. Period.

Change the word Jets to Lawn Mower. Honey I know were broke and borrowed 10s of thousands from the neighbors , but I want to get a New riding Mower. Oh I need more then one too. But sweetheart, think of the people this will help out making more mowers even though were the only ones really buying them and nobody in the rest of the country can afford one.

Some real budget thinkers here... Bottom line, its YOUR MONEY/OUR money they spend. Why do to so many seem to forget that!!

Lets do corporate. I know we got billions of bail out money from people paying tax's to Gov and our company never produced a profit, But lets Lets get some new planes even though the old ones do fly. Remember our corporation never made a profit to begin with in it history.

Remember our Gov /Company never made an overall profit in its history since it started..

I do NOT see where our Gov set any Examples on saving/spending money at the highest level.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    Scottgem A pretty sure you told me were a rep for the union. I can see your partiality way of thinking
    Thats a real Stretch.
    Excuse me? Me a union rep? Have you got a wrong number! Unions had their uses, but I believe their time has mostly passed.

And no, its not a stretch at all. The US Govt is our country's largest employer both directly and indirectly.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 06:59 PM

Sorry!! Scott gem. Got you confused with the Emerald fella from last fall. Again I apologize..

The US Govt is our country's largest employer both directly and indirectly
    I agree 100% on that. That's more then likely the problem on the get go. Explains the bullying on the "Hill"

I personally experienced the Gov being the Big employer in P.R. last year. The previous Governor/President< get this>Added 60.000 New gov employees in 2 Months last fall to ensure his re -election. He was arrested about a month later for illegal campaign funding starting in Philly Pa to P.R. Blew his re election. So the New Gov this spring was trying to get rid of 30,000 of the New Gov employees and they protested at there Capital in San Juan. Like here too many Gov jobs and more then not lazy workers. I See the waste partly living down there..

Hears the comparable I did in pop to Gov positions. NY has 5 boroughs with approx 8 million people. P.R. has approx 4 million and they have more Gov employees then N.Y. not mention there fiscal budget is a tad over 9 Billion and on the get go we send 15 billion down there yearly and more for other "special programs". I read this in their Local big Island papers. Its so open when it talks about welfare etc.

My point is the timing is bad here being the way the U.S. economy is. And yes one would think did Gov negotiated the cost from the supplier down . But after seeing Gov peeing away money to no end in the Iraq war for $2,000.00 collage size frigs and the $800 toilet seat or was that a coffeemaker.. back in the 80s I want to say. Point is when have they ever really watched the spending cost compared to what they are actually getting.

Well to Too Big is the first problem of why that starts to get out of hand. All those Gov employees and who's really watches the cash register.. obviously its not a lack of employees or a labor shortage..
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 17, 2009, 07:29 PM

21boat, I will read your responses later, as I am busy right now and it is very difficult for me to read them due to your grammar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubbles out from jets [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 pool jets are releasing small bubbles, seeking advice on where the air may be getting in

Hot tub jets [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a used Pacific hot tub. It works great, but it seems I do a lot of gathering the jets. They pop out and go to the bottom of the tub. The previous owner used bromine, and I am using chlorine. The stray jets have a residue on them coming off, so I clean them try to put them back...

Jets [ 2 Answers ]

Cancellation of this question.

View more questions Search