Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygiraffe123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Extreme dizziness
    Okay, I am a smoker, have been for almost two years and I am ready to quit. I have tried going cold turkey, but I always start again, after a week or so. I have tried the patch and the gum, to no avail. Every time I smoke a cigarette, I get really dizzy and my body feels like it weighs a ton. I feel like I'm weighed to the ground.

I know this sounds stupid, but does anybody have any tips for quitting? As I said, the gum and patch haven't worked, neither has going cold turkey. If anybody can help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it. I'm so tired of feeling ill and wasting my money on cigarettes. So if anybody has ANY useful tips for quitting, let's hear them! Thanks.
    padowbear Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 01:50 AM
    Well, if you start drinking lots of water that will help because it will help flush the nicotine and all that stuff out of your body faster... I would suggest replacing it with something else. Maybe every time you get an urge, chew some gum, put a toothpick in your mouth... u know, I think that will also plays into it- mean u said u went a week without it and then went back... if u really tried u could quit it for good... just take it a week at a time and have a good reason why u want to quit... something that will overpower the temptation, a reason why you absolutely can't smoke even one... even one... Know the reason why you want it to quit and tell yourself that reason is more important than smoking... Need a reason? Try running a couple of blocks... seriously... get off the computer and try and run for a couple of blocks... and then u can experience that memory whenever you go for a cigarette
    Bclark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babygiraffe123
    Okay, I am a smoker, have been for almost two years and I am ready to quit. I have tried going cold turkey, but I always start again, after a week or so. I have tried the patch and the gum, to no avail. Every time I smoke a cigarette, I get really dizzy and my body feels like it weighs a ton. I feel like I'm weighed to the ground.

I know this sounds stupid, but does anybody have any tips for quitting? As I said, the gum and patch haven't worked, neither has going cold turkey. If anybody can help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it. I'm so tired of feeling ill and wasting my money on cigarettes. So if anybody has ANY useful tips for quitting, let's hear em! Thanks.
    Do one or two ciggarettes less a day, till you are down to one, I agree with padowbear, drink lots of water, but when you are down to one, go for a week like that, just one a day and then you shouldn't have to worry about it anymore
    padowbear Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 12:05 AM
    Remember any man can quit smoking, but it takes a real man to face cancer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dizziness and eye strain after an hour of watching the computer screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I don't know about you but for me.. working at my computer became a very hard thing to do. After just an hour of working in front of it... I kind of getting dizzy and have different aches right in my both eyes or sometimes even in my head. Did you have similar problems ? How did you...

Need EXTREME help with Microsoft Word Doc [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all... Maybe someone can help me with this because I am about to pull my hair out. O.K. I have a Word Doc that I need to do for my job. It is an 11 page biographical affidavit that will be e-mailed to all employees. They will open it up on their computers and fill in all the questions. ...

View more questions Search