Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexkl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 04:36 PM
    My ex is getting married after we broke up 6 weeks ago
    OK, we broke up the 4th of July and I find out she is getting married in September. We had a one year relashionship with ups and downs but everyone that know us agree it was beautiul, now she is getting married in September after 3 weeks she started seeing this other guy but the worst is that she still loves me she says I'm the love of her life, that he is not match next to me, that she will love me forever but she can't be with me because she doesn't trust me anymore. I need to understand why is she doing this does she not understand she may ruin her life by getting marry loving someone else? I need to understand sadly she is the love of my life too I have her name tattooed on my chest and she has mine. She is breaking my heart in a million pieces
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 04:42 PM

Why did you do that she can't trust you?

There seems to be A LOT missing from this story.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:03 PM

Why are you still in contact with her and listening to her bs she is throwing in your ear?

The truth of the matter is she is taken and is due to get married so you need to step back and completely leave her alone. Otherwise, your going stay stuck and down.

She is your ex and I know every relationship has it up and downs but the two of you didn't overcome them because if the two of you did you would be together right now.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 16, 2009, 05:06 PM

What lead to the break up in July?

Aug 16, 2009, 05:10 PM

OK yes I did a lot to her and she always forgave me I thank her so much, but that is no reason to marry so soon, you don't love some one in 3 weeks you don't marry in 3 weeks, you don't marry loving someone else. I know she is doing this just to get over mebut this is not the way, if I can'tchange her mind soon I will have no other option but to step aside and wish her the best even without me cause I love her so much but how can you marry someone loving another WHAT IS SHE THINKING?
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:12 PM

If this is what she wants, then you can't do anything to change her mind. You need to walk away NOW, waiting isn't doing anything. She ended it, she found someone else and is now preparing to marry him, just bow out of this man.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:14 PM

You fail to realize that she can marry whoever she wants because it is her life. I wouldn't marry someone after just knowing that person for 3 weeks but different strokes foe different folks.

You need to stay out of her life and focus on yours.

Aug 16, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Yeah, you guys are right, at the end I'm going to have to move on and start right now, but what about her love for me? That she says she has. I believe her because she has always been a very honest person no complaints about that, well I guess good or bad its her decision and like liz28 saidi have to focus on mine this moments only make you strong or put you down and I will be strong. Just to think both families are having dinner together right now makes me sick. Wow is the worst feeling I ever had :) thank you all god bless u
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:38 PM

Her love for you is something she alone must deal with. That's how you have to go about things now
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:50 PM
    The thing is, if she's behaving like this to 'get over you' then that is her choice.

There is absolutely nothing you can do about that. It sounds as if you had your chance and you both blew it.

If she's prepared to do something as serious as this, whilst still claiming to love you, then heaven help the poor sucker she's marrying, is all I can say.

Keep away from her and let her deal with the consequences of her choice. It's the only way we learn what life is all about.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 09:11 AM

Her actions are what you listen to, not the words.

Aug 19, 2009, 09:26 AM

Yesterday we agreed to see each other and talk about it well we did, I made her a letter stating my feelings and all my toughts and made her a cd with "our songs" like love of my life by queen and your song by elton john among others. We cried she said she loves me so much and she is doing this to move on. She is moving to another state and that way she will forget about everything, she does not have feelings for her fiancé that when they are together she feels that she is cheating on me and everything they do I'm in her mind bla bla bla, bottom line we laid down on the sofa I hugged her and she did too and yes we kissed nothing else, we kissed two or three times.well ater that I realized I lost her but the most important is that I want to move on now I'm not sitting down and cry for her I don't want that in my life ,her decision was to hurt both of us well she has to deal with the consequences now, I can only wish her good luck now
    SANDHU123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 10:20 PM

I feel your pain same happened to me. Is getting married after meeting someone 6 months later. Sept 19th hope he rots in hell
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkl View Post
    ok yes i did a lot to her and she always forgave me i thank her so much, but that is no reason to marry so soon, you don't love some one in 3 weeks you don't marry in 3 weeks, you don't marry loving someone else. i know she is doing this just to get over mebut this is not the way, if i can'tchange her mind soon i will have no other option but to step aside and wish her the best even without me cause i love her so much but how can u marry someone loving another WHAT IS SHE THINKING??
    If you loved her so much in the first place you should have never done anything to her to break her trust. You took her for granted that she always forgave you. And NOW after you can't have her you finally see the error of your ways? WOW. That's not cliché at all is it?
    Move on buddy. You did NOT make her feel appreciated. Yes, she is going about it the wrong way. But it is no longer your place. You lost out on that when you brok her trust.
    Don't go sounding like a victim. Sounds like you caused it in the first place.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2009, 12:35 AM

Sorry but when its over its over.and the only thing we can do is heal and get on with our lives.
    Paregama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Honestly I've been in a relationship much the same, and the girl I used to love is getting married today... As to Ohsohappy sometimes it's not because you're really breaking her trust but just sometimes strains happen that break apart relationships, in my case some overprotective parents that made it hard to see her. Oh well, at least this new guy finds it easier to fit into the fold because he was her brother's friend I guess.

Not quite sure how we're meant to deal with it and people say that over time you'll hurt less but it doesn't really seem to be the case. I guess we'll just have to hope and pray we'll find someone else that'll let us forget the past and move on.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Paregama View Post
    Honestly I've been in a relationship much the same, and the girl I used to love is getting married today... As to Ohsohappy sometimes it's not because you're really breaking her trust but just sometimes strains happen that break apart relationships, in my case some overprotective parents that made it hard to see her. Oh well, at least this new guy finds it easier to fit into the fold cos he was her brother's friend I guess.

Not quite sure how we're meant to deal with it and people say that over time you'll hurt less but it doesn't really seem to be the case. I guess we'll just have to hope and pray we'll find someone else that'll let us forget the past and move on.
    This post was from August. Read the dates before you reply to them please, this poster hasn't come back to this thread in months.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:00 PM
    ohsohappy is right and don't get into a relationship to be happy. It's a recipe for disaster. Be happy first alone and the rest will follow! I'm living prrof of being happy after a tough break up. NC is the answer. I'm sooo happy!!
    Jay967 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 07:38 PM

I believe she was seeing that person while she was with you... I never known someone to marry that fast but hey the world is moving fast as of today so...
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:54 PM

Again the OP last posted in August-its an old thread-please check dates before posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am 24/m can't get over Ex Girlfriend (of 4 years) just broke up 3-4 weeks ago [ 11 Answers ]

Well this is how it all started. I went to a bar with my friends and she was at the bar I was at. She was talking to one of her x flings and I got all pissed off. So I walked up to her and I was like what the hell are u doing. She was like nothing don't worry about me. Then throguh out the whole...

38 Weeks Pregnant & Completely Broke! [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I are seriously in trouble! I am 38 weeks pregnant and have been on leave from work for almost a month. I hadn't worked there long, so I only get six weeks. My leave is over May 9, 2009... I still haven't had the baby! I started my leave on March 6th. I'm not due until April 20th....

Broke up for 5 weeks HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

(Long, sorry) Hi, I’m a guy whose Girlfriend of about a 1 ½ years (20 months) just broke up with me a month ago. I want her back! To get things up to speed, let me give some background about us first. We met at college and things were great from there on forward. We fell in love, cared for...

View more questions Search