Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 01:40 PM

Is the family requesting donations in her name to any specific charity or should I just send something to a charity of my choosing?

And an address for notification of the donation - ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Our Jo is finally at peace. No more of life's struggles at her doorstep. She held on longer than most could. It's good to know that in the end she brought her family back together.

Rest in peace Jo, and always know that we love you.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 02:59 PM

I am trying to come up with the words. I am at a loss. It is too early.

The only solace is to know that Our Ducky is in Peace right now. That is the only thing that is comforting.

I agree, Stringer.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 04:14 PM
    I didn't know her either, but have seen her mentioned on this Forum many, many times. Clearly she was much liked and very much loved.

Altenweg, I feel for you in particular as you were her good friend, and I know from personal experience what a huge gap losing a friend leaves in your life.

I am so very sorry. Words are so inadequate.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:46 PM

Rest in peace sister.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:54 PM

Weep” by Mary Frye (1932)

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there, I do not sleep
    I am a 1,000 winds that blow
    I am the diamond glints on snow
    I am the sun on ripened grain
    I am the gentle autumn rain
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled light
    I am the soft star that shines at night
    Do not stand at my grave and cry
    I am not there; I did not die.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 05:57 PM

Thank you all.

Judy, I haven't heard anything about a specific charity, if they choose that I'll let you know.

If I had to choose one I'd go with the human society. Her love of dogs, the work she did towards making their lives better, she would be pleased if that's where donations went.

Stringer, the picture brings tears to my eyes too, but they are tears of joy. She's so beautiful in that picture, so happy. That's how I choose to remember her.

Joe, J9, Jennie, Gemini, JM, Judy, Stringer, everyone, we will always miss her, but we have a part of her that no one else does. Her posts. We got to see a side of her that no one in her real life did. I wish they had been able to know the Jo that we did.

We were all so lucky to know her. I'll never regret it, any of it, even though there's pain now, there was joy, and that will be with me, with all of us, forever.

Hugs to you all.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Alty, did you get the mail from her family on Facebook?
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Alty, did you get the mail from her family on facebook?
    Yes, I did J.

Sadly I got the call from her brother first, so it was a major shock.

I'm sorry to say that I broke down on the poor guy. I wasn't strong at all. Not good.

He just lost his sister and he's comforting me. I feel horrible about it.

Then I got to the computer to find tons of Facebook messages, emails. It was hard.

I still can't believe it, yet I can. The world feels emptier, even though I never met her in person, haven't had the chance to talk to her in weeks, it feels emptier knowing she's gone, that I'll never hear her voice again.

I'm so very glad that she had the chance to make her peace with her family. I can only imagine what they are feeling right now. I hope that they're okay, at peace with this. That's a lot to ask for, but that's my wish.

I'm so glad to have all of you. Glad that we can lean on each other through this. It's our loss too. AMHD's loss. She made a difference here.

Love you all.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 07:34 PM

Jo and you, Alty, helped me make decisions in my life that have changed my outllok, given me strength, and helped me not be used. I will be eternally grateful to the both of you... And will dearly miss our chats, emails, and little connections.

She was with is in my first Café... The one that started all this awesome chatting.

She has enriched my life and helped me see what really matters again.

She was my friend. My confidante.

I will miss her.
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Jo and you, Alty, helped me make decisions in my life that have changed my outllok, given me strength, and helped me not be used. I will be eternally grateful to the both of you... And will dearly miss our chats, emails, and little connections.

She was with is in my first Cafe... The one that started all this awesome chatting.

She has enriched my life and helped me see what really matters again.

She was my friend. My confidante.

I will miss her.
    That seems so long ago, but it isn't.

Funny how you both got into my heart so quickly. I don't ever allow it.

I remember when we first started the chats. You and me and the dream of coffee. It was a happier time.

I can't help but think that her death has a purpose. Our chats, they've slowed down, now here we are, all together again.

I've been missing you Chicky. We started all of this, let's keep it going.

She lives on through us. Through our chats. Just talking about her brings her to life. Let's never stop. The duck, our Starby, she will live on, because we won't let her die, not in our memories.

Think of the peace. She has it now. She has it now. We will meet again, one day. :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I never claimed to be a poet.

For Starby.

I have no words, only tears, but those are just for me.
    I have to smile, for you're at peace, and that's how it should be.
    You fought so hard, against all odds, our ducky, friend, our love.
    Now you're at rest, your soul has flown to paradise above.

From Alty.
    That was beautiful Alty.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 02:07 AM

I remember being on here with Jo,in the wee hours of the morning,both of us being insomniacs, and we would have these marathon I.M. sessions.

We must have talked about everything from A to Z.And it was always our little laugh fest!

She always got me rolling and I always used to tease her with the same old joke *hay Jo,where you goin' with that gun in your hand*?
    It's a lyric from an old Jimi Hendrix song and for some reason,she thought it was funny!

Then she would proceed to tell me her imaginary hit list.Silly but fun!

I loved talking with her and we did have some serious talks about love and life and our problems.

She loved everyone here and there was never a bad word about anyone!

I light a candle in her memory and treasure the time I had.

We always said we would meet one day and I know we will. I know she has found the peace she wanted so bad in this life.

Here is a link to Jo's obituary where you can leave a condolence for family.

http://www.medicinehatdirectory.com/obituaries.htm
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Aug 17, 2009, 03:55 AM

As I'd said on the other thread.

It is sad, very sad and heartbreaking for those left behind that knew her. Ive been reading this thread for a while now,but haven't commented for while, as there was nothing anybody could say that would change anything. She held on and fought, but in the end she wanted and needed to find peace.

Jo's at peace now and I'm sure looking down on each and everyone of you.

Please accept my hugs and condolences xxxx

Anybody wanting to light a candle in the sea of candles for Jo and her family Light a Candle - Show you Care! - Sea of Candles

You can light a candle and link it back to here, everybody can add their own words. Xxxxxx
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Alty...

Her picture is tearing me up.
    Me too.

I remember talking with her on the phone and we could never have a conversation less than 2 hours. But that was a minimum because we'd often talk much longer than that. She was a great lady and I've been missing her for a long time now.

Right now, I'm having trouble dealing with so much all at the same time.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 06:59 AM

This is so sad. I do have to ask of what happened with her. I know that she was in the hospital for awhile but I never knew what for and didn't want to ask.

I remember meeting her I believe in the AMHD tavern or maybe the Jail or maybe it was the hotel that M paid for. I would be here around 6 in the morning and she would be the only one around to talk to. Such a fun good hearted person. I will miss her being around here. I remember her and Alty going back and forth of what my nick name should be around here. I guess Alty won that one but I will never forget all the times of her.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I remember being on here with Jo,in the wee hours of the morning,both of us being insomniacs, and we would have these marathon I.M. sessions.

We must have talked about everything from A to Z.And it was always our little laugh fest!

She always got me rolling and I always used to tease her with the same old joke *hay Jo,where you goin' with that gun in your hand*?
    Its a lyric from an old Jimi Hendrix song and for some reason,she thought it was funny!

Then she would proceed to tell me her imaginary hit list.Silly but fun!

I loved talking with her and we did have some serious talks about love and life and our problems.

She loved everyone here and there was never a bad word about anyone!

I light a candle in her memory and treasure the time I had.

We always said we would meet one day and I know we will. I know she has found the peace she wanted so bad in this life.

Here is a link to Jo's obituary where you can leave a condolence for family.

Medicine Hat Directory
    Thank you very much for posting this Artsy, I sent something, thanks again.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 08:30 AM

I lite a candle
    Neat site.

She gave me her number
    I never got around to calling
    Wish I had.
    I need to go through and call every one that has given me their #
    Cause you never know what might happen
    Attached Images

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 08:56 AM

Wow, just heard the news. I'm in shock as death is a part of life, but it hurts to hear someone so lively has passed, she was a buddy.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:05 AM

I was thinking maybe it would be nice if the moderators or whoever post her at the top of the members page with an ''in memory of''

Here is her profile page

Ask Me Help Desk - View Profile: starbuck8

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Our poor Starby [ 1170 Answers ]

Some of you already know that our Starby (Starbuck8) is in the hospital awaiting surgery. She's a klutz, love her tons, but it's the truth. ;) She tripped on a shovel, broke her leg in two places, broke her wrist and her eye is swollen shut. She'll need surgery to fix her leg, it's the...

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

View more questions Search