Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife View Post
    Its taken me days to put my head in here guess i didnt want to admit the trueth and except the news.
    Im with you guys in spirit every day just real life is so dam busy i find it hard to look after anything other than my family and myself.
    Starby was special there is very little doubt about that she never failed to make me smile when i get round to it ill share some of our conversations from facebook they were always kinda silly and out there but thats the way we liked it.
    Hugs to you all be greatfull for what you have and savor each day and remember to tell those that matter the most you love them.
    You my dear are one special lady!

Love that you came and posted. Love you for all you do. Miss you, but understand.

Now I'm crying. Darn lady! ;)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You my dear are one special lady!

Love that you came and posted. Love you for all you do. Miss you, but understand.

Now I'm crying. Darn lady! ;)
    Haha you great silly I told you the other day no darn tears ;) xx
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 11:45 PM

Hello CBW! Glad to see you here! :) You perhaps don't know much about me, but I've seen quite a few of your posts. I also remember a thread about favourite chocolates,, :p

And thank you for the kind words :)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 05:51 AM

Life is eternal, and love is immortal,
    and death is only a horizon;
    and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

~Rossiter Worthington Raymond

Much, much love, Alty girl.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 01:28 PM

Hi Starby.

I recently started talking to you a little before you went to the hospital. You and I would send eachother's PM's and we were just getting started on getting to know one another. In those few weeks I got to know a funny, witty girl and just knowing you for those few weeks helped me when I needed a friend at that point in time. I'm saddened that I won't get to know you even more as others have but I'm glad that I still got to know even a little of you.

You will live on through AMHD.

Thanks Starby.. for being there.

Sarah
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Hi Starby.

I recently started talking to you a little before you went to the hospital. You and I would send eachother's PM's and we were just getting started on getting to know one another. In those few weeks I got to know a funny, witty girl and just knowing you for those few weeks helped me when I needed a friend at that point in time. I'm saddened that I won't get to know you even more as others have but I'm glad that I still got to know even a little of you.

You will live on through AMHD.

Thanks Starby.. for being there.

Sarah
    A very nice thing that you wrote Muddy. :)
    Pets Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife View Post
    haha you great silly i told you the other day no darn tears ;) xx
    I didn't get a notification for this! :(

I can't believe I missed it.

Now I'm bawling. :(
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 10:32 AM

I'm not really supposed to be posting here. But I REALLY wanted to share this song with everyone, especially those of you who knew and loved her.

Sorry if this song has been posted already. I just heard it on the radio and it made me cry.
    It's a christian song.

YouTube - Alan Jackson - Sissy's Song
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    im not really supposed to be posting here. but i REALLY wanted to share this song with everyone, especially those of you who knew and loved her.

sorry if this song has been posted already. i just heared it on the radio and it made me cry.
    its a christian song.

YouTube - Alan Jackson - Sissy's Song
    Jennie, we love you, and that was just beautiful hon, thank you for listing it.:)
    Pets Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 01:28 PM

Jennie, posting here is not an issue, never was. All posts are welcome.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 02:12 PM

Mmm I was recently told that me posting here (and my previous siggy with the poem I wrote for starby) was disrespectfull and hurtfull because I didn't know starby. So I just, didn't want to cause any problems.

*hugs to everyone*
    Pets Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    mmm i was recently told that me posting here (and my previous siggy with the poem i wrote for starby) was disrespectfull and hurtfull because i didnt know starby. so i just, didnt want to cause any problems.

*hugs to everyone*
    Pretending that you knew her, posting a signature saying you'll miss her when you arrived long after she was already off line, stating that you had dreams about her, yes, that was hurtful.

Posting a song for the people grieving the loss of a friend, that's not at all hurtful.

I don't wish to go over this here, if you want to talk about it I'm more then willing to in another thread, but this thread is for Starby, so that's the last time I'll mention it here.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 04:02 PM

I really can't believe this I haven't been on for an age... I'm so sorry to everyone that knew her well, I only knew her briefly... normally through rants on here about bad spelling and text speak LOL but she had a big heart, that was for sure.

Rest In Peace, Starby.
    Bill-K Posts: 54, Reputation: 16

Aug 31, 2009, 03:04 PM
    I just joined AMHD a few hours ago, and have already received several really nice replies in my 'Hello' thread. Before answering any of those, I couldn't help but click Altenweg's link to here, to find out about this special person known as 'Starby.' I've read some of the beautiful things in this thread, and enjoyed the beautiful pictures, the most beautiful of which I consider to be the one of this fine lady herself. From what people have said here, I feel I know her just a little, now, and I am sure that I would have enjoyed her friendship, and would have missed her as much as everybody here does.

I personally believe we can salute someone without having known them personally, by acknowledging the testimony of those who grieve for them. So, I hope I am not being disrespectful in wishing to do that here - and in so doing, sharing your grief at the sad loss of someone I never knew, but now wish I had.
    Pets Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-K View Post
    I just joined AMHD a few hours ago, and have already received several really nice replies in my 'Hello' thread. Before answering any of those, I couldn't help but click Altenweg's link to here, to find out about this special person known as 'Starby.' I've read some of the beautiful things in this thread, and enjoyed the beautiful pictures, the most beautiful of which I consider to be the one of this fine lady herself. From what people have said here, I feel I know her just a little, now, and I am sure that I would have enjoyed her friendship, and would have missed her as much as everybody here does.

I personally believe we can salute someone without having known them personally, by acknowledgeing the testimony of those who grieve for them. So, I hope I am not being disrespectful in wishing to do that here - and in so doing, sharing your grief at the sad loss of someone I never knew, but now wish I had.
    Thank you for posting.

Starby was a wonderful member of this site. Her full username was Starbuck8, if you want you can find some of her posts.

She was an amazing person. It's still shocking to realize that she's gone, she had so much life, so much spunk, and she will forever be missed.

Aug 31, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Thank you, Altenweg. Later, I shall look at some of her posts - and thus share some of her legacy to us, if I may.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 03:56 PM

I personally believe we can salute someone without having known them personally, by acknowledgeing the testimony of those who grieve for them. So, I hope I am not being disrespectful in wishing to do that here - and in so doing, sharing your grief at the sad loss of someone I never knew, but now wish I had.
    And the tears flow again! Thank you Bill for such a beautiful testimony of how one person can get to know another without so much as reading about them.

I really hope you enjoy your time here... We are family. I hope to see you around more.

Aug 31, 2009, 04:11 PM
    You're very kind, J_9, thank you. I'm sorry if I made you cry, though.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 04:12 PM
    You're very kind, J_9, thank you. I'm sorry if I made you cry, though.
    It's a good cry Bill. As a nurse, I cry more often than you think. Starby is at peace... That's what's important.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 05:30 PM

I was fortunate enough to know her. I am proud that she was my friend.

I also think that others will or have come to know her through her posts, through her history here.

- So I'm sort of walking the middle road. I do believe people can mourn the loss of her wisdom and her heart without actually personally knowing her.

(And I know, Alty, that this is so hard for you because I think you were her best friend here. My tears are for her and also for your loss - and mine.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Our poor Starby [ 1170 Answers ]

Some of you already know that our Starby (Starbuck8) is in the hospital awaiting surgery. She's a klutz, love her tons, but it's the truth. ;) She tripped on a shovel, broke her leg in two places, broke her wrist and her eye is swollen shut. She'll need surgery to fix her leg, it's the...

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

View more questions Search