Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newbie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2003, 06:41 AM
    Constant freezing
    Hi
    I have a few questions to ask
    I'm so unhappy with my Windows Me recently. It freezes 10 or 15 minutes after the computer is turned on. No matter if I'm on the net or just playying boring card games, it just freezes. I try ctrl+ alt+ delete to close the program that is not responding but I usually end up with a frozen screen and have to restart and recover the active desktop. This has been happening for a week. But I just tried this today and the compuet hasn't frozen YET (it's an hour since I connected to the net)! I downloaded AVG 6.0 virus-scan for free. I always have McAfee protect my system. I thought having to virus-scans won't hurt. Especially if one is free. What I did today was to close McAfee and go on the net trusting AVG. so does the computer freeze because the two virus-scans mess things up or there is something else causing the freezes?
    I'll ask my other questions later
    Thanks
    Bye
    daveslounge Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2003, 11:46 PM
    Constant freezing
    Hello. Two virus programs are bound to cause conflicts, even if one is shut down. Even simply installing two programs probably have caused your system confusion.
    So... pick one, and uninstall the other.
    If your computer continues to freeze, run a full scandisk and defrag, and all should be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant pressure kitchen sprayer [ 7 Answers ]

I'm looking for a sprayer(such as a kitchen sink sprayer) to connect to a Reverse Osmosis filter to rinse my hair, (we have a salty well) I have a variable speed aux. pump installed to supply this sprayer and my ice maker. I'm having a hard time coming up with a sprayer that will take continuous...

Constant and heavy bleeding with clots [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone, For the past few months, maybe 4 months or 5, my mother has been bleeding as though on her period. She gets bad cramps and large clots on occasion too. She just won't stop. It can stop for a day sometimes, but then it is back in full flow. It is very heavy. She is overdue to have a...

Motion with constant acceleration [ 2 Answers ]

Someone is driving through a town at 12.0 m/s when suddenly a ball rolls out in front of them. You apply the brakes and begin decelerating at 3.5 m/s^2. a- How far do you travel before stopping? b- when you have traveled only half the distance in part (a), is the speed 6.0 m/s, greater than, or...

Constant blown altanators [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 83 Pontiac Recaro edition Firebird and it keeps blowing the altanator. I bought 3 this month. I charged the battery full before wiring it up, made sure the clock is correct, and it still fails after a day. Does anyone know what cause's this?

View more questions Search