Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 09:24 PM
    I LOVE amhd but
    This is getting too monotonous for me... not being on here but
    I am the type that likes hectic and function better in hectic.
    When I don't have anything I have to do I end up putting everything off.
    My work goes from August 19 to Apr 30
    Then I get laid off and have the summer off which would be great IF I had any money to do anything BUT my unemployment just covers bills. So I sit at home on here.
    I had great plans to go through all the junk in two of my rooms and my shed and sell the stuff, work on my art and some other projects.
    Anyway, I ended up doing NOTHING, well at least hardly anything.
    Part of my problem is that every time I think I am going to get up from this computer chair and actually do something I get interrupted. Like this morning I went to get up right when my son came walking in the door. Then he said he was going to take the dogs for a walk Fine. Then he doesn't even get down the street and they had knocked him down running. So that took a good bit of time getting him calmed down. Then I was stressed from all the ranting he did.
    Then later I figure I'll get something done and I go to get up and someone is knocking at my door wanting a ride. I needed the gas money so I ran them down the hill. Then later somebody else wanted to borrow my phone to call my son right when I had gotten upstairs to do some cleaning. Then my son called and said he was in the middle of cooking something and realized he needed some ingredients so I ran that down to him.
    I can sit in this chair ALL day and not do a thing but the second I go to get up I have people wanting something. Then when I tell them no or don't bother me all day then there's people I never see coming out of the wood work so I end up answering the door all day. Then if you don't answer they never quit knocking.

Ugh and I have to start back to work on Wednesday.
    Is Aug through Apr suppose to be what they call vacation for me?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Hi, N0help4u!

From what I know about you, you're always willing to lend a helping hand, a mother and a parent, a fine person to raise children, an excellent person well-versed in the up-bringing of children, devout in the religious Faith that you have, very knowledgeable about a number of subjects, probably a great spouse (although, I don't know if you're married or not... ), have an okay attitude if a person happens to disagree with you - you can handle it, enjoy helping others, always there when your kids or someone else needs help, willing to learn new things, able to leap tall buildings with a single bound and faster than a speeding bullet, etc, etc,.

So, I'm wondering what exactly is your complaint, please? If I'm missing something, please forgive me!

Thanks!
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Aug 16, 2009, 01:54 AM

Nohelp you sound as though your lost to me, have a lot of knowledge and life experiences and no idea which way your life needs to go. There is a sense of restlessness with you. You would give your right arm for someone but don't seem to get anything of value in return?

Money problems seem to be holding you back and you wish you could put all your experiences and knowledge to good use. Is there not something you could be doing on the internet to make money? Something that suits you better than what you are doing?

you sound as though you need time 'just for you' and to have a purpose in life other than taking good care of your lovely children.

please forgive me if I've been way off with all this, its just what I felt when I read that and read some of your posts.

Hope things improve soon for you. X
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    probably a great spouse (although, I don't know if you're married or not...),

So, I'm wondering what exactly is your complaint, please? If I'm missing something, please forgive me!

!
    Why thank you very much

I wouldn't know about being a good spouse (or even a good gf) cause NEVER had a good relationship to have a good chance at that one.

My exact complaint is that I have been depressed nothing urgent to do (or even fun) and all the interruptions from people has turned me into a major procrastinator and I HATE procrastination more than most anything. So here I sit and haven't accomplished getting my house cleaned, my projects done or my flea market stuff sold.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 04:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritcharms View Post
    Nohelp you sound as though your lost to me, have a lot of knowledge and life experiences and no idea which way your life needs to go. There is a sense of restlessness with you. You would give your right arm for someone but dont seem to get anything of value in return?

Money problems seem to be holding you back and you wish you could put all your experiences and knowledge to good use. Is there not something you could be doing on the internet to make money? something that suits you better than what you are doing?

you sound as though you need time 'just for you' and to have a purpose in life other than taking good care of your lovely children.
    Thank you

Yeah I feel lost because I just don't seem to have any motivation to do anything and
    I have been using the excuse the past couple weeks that I do need this time for myself to just relax and get to feeling better because I think I have adrenaline exhaust from my job and all the stress I have had through life (more than most people).
    I also wanted to use this summer to find a better job but I just couldn't bring myself to do anything whatsoever, almost like I was afraid to.
    I have been thinking about putting my flea market stuff on eBay other than that I don't know how to make money on the internet. I wish I did.
    I would love to start my own business but it takes money to make money and that's something I never have,

I really don't take care of my kids cause they are grownn and moved away except for my one son that lives down the street. But he is most likely moving back with me for the fall and winter.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Aug 16, 2009, 04:37 AM

I understand.what are your interests? eBay is where I started with mediumship/psychic readings,then after that I had a website selling spiritual stuff, tarot cards etc.. but unfortunately we were going through a recession at the time so the shop side didn't work out. But when I was doing readings,they did, I never thought that I would ever be able to achieve that, but I did,obviously didn't pay a lot but always gave a bit of spare cash.

Do you have counselling qualifications or anything like that,find something online and try your stuff on eBay, I think they have free listing days still?
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 04:48 AM

I just have a bunch of knic knacks and things that I got when I was doing clean outs for landlords and I have a little bit of art work.

I'd like doing the clean outs again but I don't have money to get licenses and all. I either got the work from people I knew or running into it so I never had any license before.

I don't have any counseling qualifications.
    I can't go back to school either cause I still owe on the last school I went to that didn't really work out
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 12:21 AM
    Hi again, N0help4u!

What kind of business would you like to be in for yourself? Also, do you have a digital camera?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 05:51 AM

I would love to do clean ups and clean outs for landlords, real estate, etc...
    Then take the good stuff to flea markets until I could afford a second hand store.
    I would also like to have a room in the store that you could have group class type things to help people with different interests like moms, bible studies, special interests and starting a bartering group for needy.
    I use to do clean outs occasionally but right now I don't have a good vehicle for something like that.
    I have checked about getting help but I can't find anywhere that will help me.

I have a Pentax K1000 but I think something is wrong with it.
    I have a digital camera but I don't really like it as much.
    I would like to start taking pictures again but
    I never get out anywhere to really take a bunch of pictures.

I want to get motivated to get to the shed and start taking pics of what I have and put them on eBay but I either procrastinate or somebody comes needing a ride or whatever.

My son wants to probably move back home in a month so that should be motivation for me soon cause I would need more room. Plus I know he knows more about selling stuff on the internet.

Thanks
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 06:01 AM
    NOhelp,

They have a book,"Ebay for dummies" it's good and easy to follow. I've got one and I'm going to start doing the same. It will probably be something good and interesting for you to try. I hope things pick up for you. You should look in the paper for a class, seminar or the like. Try learning a second( or third or fourth) language. You can do some volunteer work too. Either way, it's up to you to change this lull that you feel. I know you can, because you can solve problems here pretty well. Enjoy your time off.

Take care.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 06:07 AM

I have a hard time reading anything that has to do with process steps, directions etc...
    I use to be one that just jumped in, figured it out myself and did it. I guess I don't have patience.

Also I have a hard enough time with my brain anymore that I know I couldn't learn another language. Even when I took Spanish 30 some years ago I couldn't keep track of the grammar structures.

I think a lot has to do with my adrenaline exhaust problem. It is affecting my cognitive thinking on spatial things and so forth as well as my getting shorteness of breath when I do anything.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Sounds like my mom, she had a seasonal job and would get laid off just in time for our summer vacation, we'd drive her bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph
    They have a book,"Ebay for dummies" it's good and easy to follow. I've got one and I'm going to start doing the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    My son wants to probably move back home in a month so that should be motivation for me soon cause I would need more room. Plus I know he knows more about selling stuff on the internet.
    Being as you're both registered users here and can post topics without confusion, I have faith that you can use eBay successfully. If you need to, eBay has documentation (for free) that is easy to read, and most importantly searchable. Over the years, I've found the best resources for tips, tricks and just news in general are people's personal blogs.

The tricky part is deciding how much and when you'll be selling the product. When I was lucky, I'd sell college text books for more than I bought them for, but that would only happen if I made the books available no more than a week before the start of the semester and sold them at price I knew was in a college kid's range.

Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I think a lot has to do with my adrenaline exhaust problem. It is affecting my cognitive thinking on spatial things and so forth as well as my getting shorteness of breath when I do anything.
    Sounds like you need a bike.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 07:04 AM

Once my son shows me I should be okay.
    I am more a kinesthetic/visual thinker than reading or hearing.

---The tricky part is deciding how much and when you'll be selling the product.

Yeah unfortunately it seems to be based on my procrastination or I would have already started.

I have a big box of law books but they said the curriculum is always changing so the value goes down. I didn't want to sell them for $5. when the school charged over a hundred.
    Maybe that should be one of the first things that I start with on eBay.

See you guys are starting to get me thinking

Thanks
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I have a big box of law books but they said the curriculum is always changing so the value goes down. I didn't want to sell them for $5. when the school charged over a hundred.
    Maybe that should be one of the first things that I start with on ebay.
    Ya, unless their novels, books age pretty quickly. As much as it sucks you'll probably be stuck having to sell them for pennies on the dollar.

At this point, eBay is your best bet otherwise I'd suggest Half.com which is eBay, but it specializes in media and it's not an auction platform. College kids live there to buy their books and video games. Hopefully you can find a collector who'll buy them at a reasonable price. I put up old books from the 90's for a nickel and no one bit, granted, they were tech books and all the information in them was completely worthless and obsolete.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 01:03 PM

Thanks that is where I'll put them its worth a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thank you, AMHD [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1989 honda civic hatch back with about 170k+ on the engine it stopped click miles at 168k and that was two years ago so it is possiable that it has over 200k on it. The car is awesome and saves me a ton of money!! But recently I could not get it started. It would turn over but never start....

View more questions Search