Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jesse054 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Natural gas smell
    We have had a goodman direct vent furnace and a Rinnai tankless waterheater installed and sometimes we have the smell of gas in the basement. It seems to happen when there is a breeze outside. Is this normal.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 07:56 PM
    No,, its never normal at anytime to smell gas in your basement,, get it checked out asap if not sooner
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Aug 17, 2009, 06:29 AM

No. Are we talking Natural Gas or Propane. If this is an exhaust problem you could also be venting CO as well.

All the more reason to get this checked out yesterday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint natural gas smell [ 13 Answers ]

I have natural gas heat (nothing else, just heat). Every now and then I'll smell the faint oder of natural gas for just a few seconds, then it's gone. I only smell it when I'm sitting at my desk which happens to be above the furnace under the house. There is a loose baseboard with a slight draft...

Foul smell in front entrance to home-onion smell [ 6 Answers ]

A really weird smell, like rotten onions, quite embarrassing because my home is kept spotless everyone comments on the smell right when they walk into the house. There is a shower stall in a bedroom above this entrance but we have snaked it and poured drain cleansers down it and also stopped using...

Toilet smell in summer and overflow line smell in winter [ 2 Answers ]

In the summer my downstairs toilet smells awful, like sewer, and in the winter the overflow lines for my airconditioning and water heater smell like mold. (they are located in garage) Any ideas about what could possibly be happening? Thanks

Does anyone know of a sunblock that's mostly natural or all natural? [ 3 Answers ]

And where can I buy it? Please help if you know!! I want a good sunblock but without all those harmful chemicals.

Sewer smell when washing clothes and metal smell in water [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved in a Lease to own house and after one month there is now a smell of sewer when washing clothes. The smell in the water has been here since day one and we are in the process of testing the well water. Can anyone help? I think we have a septic tank since we are on well water but the...

View more questions Search