Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2006, 03:45 AM
    America: Freedom to Fascism-- Must See!
    Watch this for free:

There is no law requiring you to pay taxes, and the government will not even show us the LAW!!

Why is that I have not received any respond from my Senator or representatives in regards to that question, WHY!! :mad:

Use this link:

http://www.suijuris.net/forum/videos...m-fascism.html
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2006, 04:23 AM
    That link did not work for me.

We need to vote for people who will push tax reform. Too bad that they all promise it and never come through :(
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2006, 04:57 AM
    Use the other link provided it should work.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2006, 06:03 AM
    I must admit that I only lasted 7 minutes of it. I don't do well with drama.

If you watched it all, can you briefly summarize for us

1. What they say the problem is, and
    2. What they propose Americans can do to solve it?

Note: I am not doubting or dogging anything they say about the above because I do not know what they are. I may very well agree with them. I just don't know.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 28, 2006, 11:12 AM
    I HATE TAXES just as much as the next joe down the stret, but I will admit that taxes are nessesary to keep our socieity moving.

I will say, and anyone who reads this can disagree, but its just a radical idea that I have. I have read that under a true capialist government, taxes are voluntary. For anyone who thinks that won't work, let me ask you, what keeps the church going? Voluntary contributions. No one is REQUIRED to donate to a church, but they keep the bills paid all the same.

Personally, I think that if we could decide what taxes we wanted to pay for, there wouldn't be so much foolish spending in government.

Of course, I know it will never work.

I do support Neal Bortz "fair tax" idea. Although I haven't read his book on this, I have listened to his radio program quite a bit earlier in the year and it seemed like a win win. Removing the income tax in favor of a federal sales tax. With the first, what was it $20,000 or so of gross receipts tax exempt.

As that's about all I make in a year, Id live almost tax free!

The more you buy, the more tax you pay. Rich people buy more, so they pay more, poor people don't buy much, so they don't pay much. Sounds fair to me.
    If you don't want to pay taxes, don't buy anything.

Income taxes just suck! The audacity of the government CHARGING ME TO WORK!?
    What did they do to earn that money!? All they do is take it and pay welfare cases. I can't get any assistance on my wife's $30,000 hospital bill because I make a whopping ten bucks an hour, but they don't mind taking those deductions from what little paycheck I do get...

Im not trying to whine, but you would think that you could get SOMETHING for the $300 per month they take out in taxes, NOT COUNTING social security and medicare deductions. Then turn right around and pay town and county taxes every year on my car and real estate. Pay sales taxes to county and state, have to buy decals for our auto's that cost $25 each just to prove we paid out taxes. Taxes taxes taxes, and I have yet to see ONE USE of all this money that I actually thought was a good idea.

"Take it to the polls" you say? What do you do when you can't fathom either canidate? Democrat, republican... psshtt... all the care about is power$power$power$
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 28, 2006, 02:02 PM
    I have not read the book, but I too listen to Neal Boortz, and his projections on growth associated with the Fair Tax Plan are just too rosy for my taste.

Further, the tax rate he projects is just too low In my opinion to replace all the revenues that Social Security, Medicare, income taxes and corporate taxes provide.

He does njot even address the burgeoning black market that will result once the Fair Tax is implemented. If you do not think a black market will result, look at what happened in the European countries after WWII.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 28, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert
    I have not read the book, but I too listen to Neal Boortz, and his projections on growth associated with the Fair Tax Plan are just too rosy for my taste.

Further, the tax rate he projects is just too low IMHO to replace all the revenues that Social Security, Medicare, income taxes and corporate taxes provide.

He does njot even address the burgeoning black market that will result once the Fair Tax is implemented. If you do not think a black market will result, look at what happened in the European countries after WWII.
    Yea I know, there really is no workable solution, upon listneing I thought it was a great idea, but I was projected with a few questions. For one, how would you regulate it, partucually keeping up with the first 20k of gross receipts. Would it be a monthly report or annual? Would it be like our excisting tax system, where it can take up to six months to get your refund back? Who knows.

I guess Im just a little bitter about paying all this money out on taxes when Im about to go bankrupt on these unregulated medical bills. Unfortunately, there just isn't a lot out there for people making 15-30k per year. If you are in that braket, you make too much money to qualify for anything, you make to little to afford anything.

I could just as easily take that $300 Im sending the federal government and the state of Virginia every month and pay the hospital with it. Im not asking for a handout, just a little help with a bill that is worth more than my home. You'd think for all that tax money I spend, Id get something back once in a while.

I know it doesn't work that way, but its just the principle of it. They say you get what you pay for. I say "not when it comes to taxes".

I know Im dipping in a dry well here, Im just ranting a little, carrying on a little conversation.

Oh, as far as Im concerned, they can take social security and shove it. They have already started the propaganda machine stating that it won't be around when I get ready to retire anyway. Quite frankly, social security isn't very secure at all for someone like me. Even if it is around when I get old, you'll probobly have to be 100 years old to draw on it, and then it probobly won't buy a months rent.

Well, enough of my whining...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What was life like in America in the Civil War? [ 5 Answers ]

What was life like in the Civil War in America, like what kind of jobs did people have; What things did they do for entertainment? What were their clothes like?

Freedom of The Press. [ 9 Answers ]

Now I am for the freedom of the press, but do you think that sometimes they go a little too far? For instance, I heard where the National Guard were moving corps from the flood area in Mississippi. CNN was trying to make movies of this. The Guard joined ranks, standing at attention, and others...

Jungles and wars in south america [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any countries in South America that have a jungle and are currently involved in a war? If so, what are they, and is it a civil war or a war with another country?

Jungles of South America [ 1 Answers ]

Is quicksand found in the Jungle?

View more questions Search