Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Reality of New Automotive Batteries
    After 5 years, I proactively replaced the Sears Diehard Gold battery (100 month) on my 2000 Taurus today. The manager told me it was a new battery (5/09) and it didn't need to be charged. When I got home, I placed it on a charger, anyway. I am glad I did. It took 3 hours for my battery charger to fully charge it. Initially, the battery drew a whopping 5 amps, which would've been very hard on the alternator. The lesson here is to not assume anything.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 08:10 PM

My mom got a battery at Pep Boys and in a week it was dead.One cell had no water when I looked at it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automotive repair [ 3 Answers ]

Repair of short in radio 1995 buick century

Automotive question [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX 1.5L that has conked out on me. The problem appears to be no power getting to the spark plugs. I don't know what to do to fix it. A new distributor is costly so I don't want to replace it without knowing that's the problem. Any ideas?

Automotive help [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6,the drivers seat will not warm up,but the back of the seat does get warm.I checked all the fuses and they are o.k.Any help would be appreciated.Thankyou

Automotive [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1976 Chevy pickup (350), I accidentally touched my battery cables to the terminals BACKWARDS for about 3 seconds. Now there is no power to any part of the truck... where might I start to trouble shoot this? Thanks a million, Jeff

View more questions Search