Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hiddenproblem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 06:55 AM
    24 year house with walls shaking, loud noises in walls, on roof, & cracking driveway
    Our 24 year old house, 2 story, except 3 over the master bath and in the bonus room, has been making thunder-type noises (we had to call the police the other day). The home is on the market. We have also been told, 5 years ago, there may be a natural spring in our back yard. Our driveway, also has seemed to have gotten worse, in five blocks (of cement), with what the concrete guy said were heaving. Our slab is covered by vinyl , wood, and carpet. We have an attic on top of the two story house as well. New, architectural style roof and 7 inch insulated siding put on the house a year ago, and all windows converted to insulated ones? Have we compromised the weight of the house? We have termite and pest control services. Please help :eek:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 07:03 AM

What did the police have to say?
    I can't imagine this being something they would handle.

I am not sure what your question is but you DO have to disclose anything to any buyer otherwise they can come back and sue you.

Also you say you have pest control. Are you having actual pest problems now?

By compromising the weight of the house I assume you mean the changes doing the concrete damage
    Which I do not think those changes should do that to your house

Aug 15, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Actually, we called 911 the other day, and they came out and checked everything. We were totally scared. I don't know what is going on; we have a central air vacuum, have replaced our water heater, checked the attic for flying pests or other furry things, and we don't have any pests now, except a few "water beetle' type roach-looking things now. Most of them are dead or dying when we find them, and that usually isn't the case. We have wood paneling in the family room. No termites have been found, we have bait stations outside the house.

Aug 15, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Actually, we called 911 the other day, and they came out and checked everything. We were totally scared. I don't know what is going on; we have a central air vacuum, have replaced our water heater, checked the attic for flying pests or other furry things, and we don't have any pests now, except a few "water beetle' type roach-looking things now. Most of them are dead or dying when we find them, and that usually isn't the case. We have wood paneling in the family room. No termites have been found, we have bait stations outside the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud cracking noises from floor [ 2 Answers ]

I live on the 2nd floor of a 3 story apartment building. Once the weather got cooler in October (It's in California, so it's not THAT cold.), the floor above began making really LOUD cracking noises when the tenants above walk around. The cracking noises are loud enough to wake me and the sound...

Noises in my walls [ 4 Answers ]

I have a creaking and crackling in my walls. I don't know if it is the metal siding or if it is mice in the walls. What does it sound like when there are mice in the walls. I also thought about termites but I am not sure if they make this loud sound. Any help would be much appreciated.;)

VERY LOUD CRACKING noises in our 58 year old home [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a 58 year old ranch style home that is on a full basement. This past year we've been noticing EXTREMELY LOUD cracking noises within our walls. Sometimes they are so loud at night that they wake me up. The noises are real... our girls have even heard them and have asked why the walls...

Cracking noises, 28 year old house [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in my 28 year old house since it was built. The settling noises stopped at least 18 years ago. About 3 years ago loud cracking noises started, that sound like they are coming from the ceiling or attic. The house is a single story built on a concrete slab. About 14 years ago we had new...

4 Month Old House - Cracking Walls & Popping Floors [ 2 Answers ]

On the second floor of my new house there are loud popping noises when I step near the center support wall that divides two of the bedrooms. The closet doors in both bedrooms have dropped in the upper right corners - I can not shut the doors. There are several hairline cracks where the walls and...

View more questions Search