Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    house11674 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2009, 06:54 AM
    algerbra is making me crazy
    Could someone (without the sarcasim) please tell me how to get this answer I can't even figure how to start. I must also show how I got the answer. Here is the question as written. " If A is your age, the maximum pulse rate you should maintain while exersizing is 0.88 (220-A). What is the maximum pulse rate you should maintain if you are":eek:
    a. 15 years old.
    b. 35 years old.
    c. 40years old.

The ideal heart rate while exersizing for a person A years old is [(205-A) x7] Divided x10.
    a. What is the ideal h/r for a 20 year old.
    b. a 25 year old.
    c. a 30 year old.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 07:25 AM

Its simple replacement.

You know for question a. A = 15. So you write it out.. . 88(220-15). Since the subtraction is in parens, figure that first, then multiply.

Same thing with the second set of questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Don't Know What to Do, She's Making me Crazy [ 5 Answers ]

Recently my girlfriend of 9 months and I broke up. I fell into a small depression for a while, but naturally, with time I got better. I started talking to another girl, but I was taking things really slow, in order to respect my ex and also just because I didn't want to rush into anything I was...

My ex mother inlaw is making me crazy [ 1 Answers ]

I've fallen on hard times by being a unemployed, single mother. For the second time in one year I've needed to ask my mil to help me by putting us (my 16 yr old daughter and myself) up for a short time till I get back on my feet. The 1st time lasted 3 months.I was asked to pay a $100 a week and...

Being in debt is making me crazy [ 12 Answers ]

I have been in debt most of my adult life but now my debts are consuming me. After I bought a house which in fact was a broken down shack, I cannot make ends meet. The real estate agent who sold me the house can only pay me back if the repair cost is 30% of the property´s total value, which it...

My sig. Other does not parent his teen daughter effectively and its making me crazy [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, I had a daughter early in life my s-o had kids later in his life, so my daughter is grown, 35, a successful therapist. I am a high school teacher. His kids are 10 and almost 15. Since I have met him he tended to ignor problems I saw developing in his daughter like disordered eating...

View more questions Search