Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    praise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Adoption of siblings
    Hello my name is praise the question I have concerns my brother an my sister I have legal guardianship over them I went to probate court an so forth but I want to adopt them, both of our parents are deceased so I would like to take full responabilty for them the ages are 17 and 13 and I am 30 an by adopting them would there be any type of assistance from the government
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 14, 2009, 03:17 PM

Adoption will not get you anything more than guardianship will. As their guardian you have legal responsibility for them that would entitle you to any public assistance available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Filing for siblings [ 2 Answers ]

Hello .if I am an us citizen am I allowed to file for my sister:)

2 siblings won't agree to sell home owned jointly by 4 siblings [ 1 Answers ]

I am one of 4 siblings who co-own a lake home that we received from our mother. Two siblings need to sell their share of the property to raise cash, and two siblings refuse to sell the property or buy out the two who wish to sell. Do the two who need to sell their share of the property have any...

View more questions Search