Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Aug 14, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Yes possession of Pot is absolutely NOTHING to me. Just because someone put a restraining order on him doesn't mean he actually did anything. Never convicted never arrested for that.
    Ok and running over a traffic officer and not stopping until half a block away with the officer still on the car is nothing. And he pleaded guilty and bever aplogized to the officer. Because he is a football player and a good player he is not sentenced harshly at all and that is why he never does any time. But for this incident he did have to do community service and pay a fine. Yea I would say he got off the hook pretty easily. If you want to keep arguing about this then fine... because Moss simply "can't stay out of trouble" as other reporters put it.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:44 AM

Oh the restraining order was dropped against Randy Moss and the case was closed.

Restraining order against Randy Moss dropped - USATODAY.com

Aug 14, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    snippy07, let it go, the fact you're pulling up stories from years ago makes it obvious you're bitter. If you're gonna single out any NFL thug it should be Plaxico. What he did was just stupid and dangerous.

Apparently, Andy Reid's derelict sons influenced the decision. I don't know why the Eagles signed him for as much as they did when a lot of teams, namely San Fran, actually need a decent quarterback. I'm sure McNabb will be okay waiting on the side-lines when Vick's called in to take 8 or 9 snaps in a game.

Aside from that, Vick is an idiot just like his younger, dumber brother Marcus, but he did serve his time. But if he were ever in a Pats uniform, I'd probably react much differently.
    I'm not letting it go because I've tried and this guy keeps trying to tell me I'm wrong. For one all I was trying to do was state my opinion that I used to like Moss and no longer did after he's been in trouble. Then the guy asks me where I heard it from, so I show him a article I randomly find off Google. I'm not trying to single anybody out, but I will prove my point if somebody wants to argue with me.

Aug 14, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Oh the restraining order was dropped against Randy Moss and the case was closed.

Restraining order against Randy Moss dropped - USATODAY.com
    Congrats on finding that.. but just because it was dismissed doesn't mean it didn't happen. He could have paid her money to keep her mouth shut, but I will give you that one since we cannot prove that. Are you still trying to say running over a officer is no big deal? Because I would do that too.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 09:51 AM

My two cents about Michael Vick.

It's really hard for me to forgive someone that would do this to a dog;

>Picture Removed<
    Gruesome!!

Sorry for the horrible picture, but it is what it is, and that dog is what Michael Vick made him.

The question is, does the dog get a second chance to be the dog he should have been? The answer, no.
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 10:18 AM

Looks like I stopped the conversation.

I know the picture is hard to look at. There are worse ones I could have posted.

Does a man like that deserve a second chance?

The things he did to the dogs that wouldn't fight were even worse. They were tortured to death, electrocuted, hung, decapitated with the guillotine he built especially for the purpose of torturing dogs. He filmed it all, so he'd have memories.

Should he be allowed to work? Sure, in a dog pound, cleaning out the stalls, bathing the dogs, caring for the dogs and half his paycheck should go to the rehabilitation of the dogs he scarred for life.

Just my opinion. :)
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 14, 2009, 10:18 AM
    You do know that Packers fans moon the visiting teams bus every game. That is why he did that after he scored a touchdown against them.

I wouldn't stop for ANYONE standing in front of my car either. For all I know that person could be setting me up to get car jacked.
    You would hopefully stop for a meter reader or traffic peace officer. That was who he was accused of hitting and running over that day. It was all over our news he really hit her with his car and she rolled and then hit the ground. I wanted to add that I don't agree with what Michael Vick did at all.
    However, this is how he makes his money, it is his profession. There are several professions that you are not allowed back in when conficted of crimes and several where it is okay to pick back up where you left off prior to going to prison all depends on the crime conficted of and if it violates your release or probation requirements.
    I wish him the best. He will truly never be the same, whether he has learned from this or is remorseful. I'm hopeful that doing time changed his perception of what he has done.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Looks like I stopped the convo.

I know the picture is hard to look at. There are worse ones I could have posted.

Does a man like that deserve a second chance?

The things he did to the dogs that wouldn't fight were even worse. They were tortured to death, electrocuted, hung, decapitated with the guillotine he built especially for the purpose of torturing dogs. He filmed it all, so he'd have memories.

Should he be allowed to work? Sure, in a dog pound, cleaning out the stalls, bathing the dogs, caring for the dogs and half his paycheck should go to the rehabilitation of the dogs he scarred for life.

Just my opinion. :)
    You forgot the rape stand.

As a football player I always thought he was over-rated because scrambling doesn't lend itself to a being good quarterback. As a human, he probably should be watched carefully 'cause a lot of murders start by killing animals ruthlessly.

But there's always going to be that problem, separating the person from the player. What he did was sick and I do despise him for it, but it has nothing to do with his football career, he did serve his time. If he's deemed good enough, he could be a hall of famer like OJ or Ty Cobb. Although, OJ's bad trip happened later, Ty Cobb was a scumbag throughout his career. It's the halls of fame of football, baseball, hockey and basketball; not of good character.
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    You forgot the rape stand.

As a football player I always thought he was over-rated because scrambling doesn't lend itself to a being good quarterback. As a human, he probably should be watched carefully 'cause a lot of murders start out by killing animals ruthlessly.

But there's always going to be that problem, separating the person from the player. If he's deemed good enough, he could be a hall of famer like OJ or Ty Cobb. It's the hall of fame of football, not of good character.
    I understand what you're saying, but still, why would anyone give a man like that a chance to be in the hall of fame? He doesn't deserve it. He doesn't even deserve to be out of jail. Again, my opinion.

Why should he be allowed to continue playing, make millions, after what he did?

Of course he won't do it again, because he knows he's being watched. Did he learn anything? Yes, don't get caught, that's what he learned.

My dream, to gather five of the dogs he tortured and meet up with him in a dark alley. I'd simply let go of the leashes and let the dogs do what they may.

Mean? Maybe. Justice? Definitely!

Maybe that makes me an unforgiving b*tch, but I have to side with the dogs on this one, they didn't have a choice. They didn't have a chance. Michael Vick shouldn't either.

Sorry, I feel very passionately about this. I loathe that man, and I don't use that word lightly.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:34 AM
    I understand what you're saying, but still, why would anyone give a man like that a chance to be in the hall of fame? He doesn't deserve it. He doesn't even deserve to be out of jail. Again, my opinion.

Of course he won't do it again, because he knows he's being watched. Did he learn anything? Yes, don't get caught, that's what he learned.

My dream, to gather five of the dogs he tortured and meet up with him in a dark alley. I'd simply let go of the leashes and let the dogs do what they may.

Maybe that makes me an unforgiving b*tch, but I have to side with the dogs on this one, they didn't have a choice. They didn't have a chance. Michael Vick shouldn't either.

Sorry, I feel very passionately about this. I loathe that man, and I don't use that word lightly.

I'm with you 100%

In my perfect world whatever crime someone committed it be done back to them 10 fold.

Someone fights dogs... they get chained up and attacked by them

Someone rapes a girl... they get it done back to them.

In my opinion doing that is the lowest act you can do. At least if 2 people fight they have the opportunity to defend themselves, the dogs didn't have that luxury, they just keep on going until one of them dies.
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I'm with you 100%

In my perfect world whatever crime someone commited it be done back to them 10 fold.

Someone fights dogs... they get chained up and attacked by them

Someone rapes a girl... they get it done back to them.

In my opinion doing that is the lowest act you can do. At least if 2 people fight they have the opportunity to defend themselves, the dogs didn't have that luxury, they just keep on going until one of them dies.
    Exactly Shaz.

The fact that Michael Vick (just typing that name makes me cringe) is out of jail and allowed to continue his life where he left off, that's not justice!

The dogs that lived will never be the same.

I know that to a lot of people they are just dogs. Well, they feel, they hurt, they are breathing, living, feeling creatures. They didn't choose this, Michael Vick did.

He's sick, he shouldn't be allowed amongst normal human beings.

If he had done this to people you'd be out for blood.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 11:01 AM

I agree with you. I didn't want to see him back in the league either especially for $6 million over two years.

I never liked him before all this crap came out, he's a lousy quarterback, always had that thug attitude and everyone in ATL thought he was God's gift to football because he can run. That's me being an arrogant Pats fan.

He's a degenerate and he's sick, but legally he's fulfilled everything so far.
    I know that to a lot of people they are just dogs. Well, they feel, they hurt, they are breathing, living, feeling creatures. They didn't choose this, Michael Vick did.
    I don't know, I'm pretty sure there's more people on your side than you think.

PETA is going to be swarming Lincoln Financial Field on opening day and thereon after, probably waving images worse than the one you showed, I feel bad for spitvenom, they already released a statement expressing their disappointment in the Eagles organization.
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 11:06 AM

I saw the PETA thing.

I'm not a big fan of PETA (I know, shocking) I think they're extremists. But, on this count, I'm on their side!

Go PETA! :)

Maybe Michael Vick will get tackled, break a leg and no longer be able to play. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 11:27 AM

Ok let me make this as clear as possible. I have been car jacked in philly it is not fun. I DO NOT STOP FOR ANYONE WHO IS STANDING In front OF MY CAR. I don't care what uniform they have on. If you went through what I went through you would understand.

And the PETA thing. Don't feel sorry for me feel sorry for those PETA protesters. If you have never been to an Eagles game in Philly before you wouldn't understand. Hardcore eagles are unlike anything you have ever dealt with. It is out of control.

I hope PETA does their homework. I know for a fact the first one of them that has the stupidity to go up to an Eagles fan who is tailgating cooking a big steak and says Meat is murder WILL be knocked out. I rarely go to an Eagles game because it is to crazy. They literally have a courtroom and jail cells built in the stadium.

Two weeks ago a guy was beaten to death at a Phillies game because of a spilled beer.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 12:37 PM

Well this was fast to get him in a eagles uniform

Michael Vick Dog Chew Toy | Philadelphia Eagles | Dog Toys
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 03:14 PM
    And the PETA thing. Don't feel sorry for me feel sorry for those PETA protesters. If you have never been to an Eagles game in Philly before you wouldn't understand. Hardcore eagles are unlike anything you have ever dealt with. It is out of control.
    I've been to Citizen's Bank Park to see the Pirates play the Phillies in 2004, nice place, a lot nicer than Fenway. I used to go to Drexel, but left after one year because I'm still paying off a loan I took out over four years ago.

Ya I know you Eagles fans are, I've heard plenty of stories from kids who grew up in Philly. Really, it doesn't sound fun at all.

And it's funny too 'cause Philly had some of the nicest people I've ever met.

I just heard the Patriots made a last-second attempt to sign Vick when they found out he was going to sign for $1.6 million, it's good thing he didn't, Pats fans have morals.

Aug 14, 2009, 03:16 PM
    I saw the PETA thing.

I'm not a big fan of PETA (I know, shocking) I think they're extremists. But, on this count, I'm on their side!

Go PETA! :)

Maybe Michael Vick will get tackled, break a leg and no longer be able to play. :)
    Wow
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    Wow
    Wow good or bad?

Either way, it's how I feel.

I wouldn't shed a tear if something happened to that man. Just like he didn't
    Shed a tear every time he electrocuted a dog or drowned one in the bath tub.

Aug 14, 2009, 07:18 PM

Donte Stalworth... really, who do we value more? Our dogs or humans? Are we going to be equally appalled when or if he is allowed back in the NFL? Or are we appalled that he only served 29 days for a DUI manslaughter case? Where is that post? Somebody have the link?
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    Donte Stalworth... really, who do we value more? our dogs or humans? are we going to be equally appalled when or if he is allowed back in the NFL? or are we appalled that he only served 29 days for a DUI manslaughter case? where is that post? somebody have the link?
    I can only speak for myself, but yes, I'll be equally appalled.

As for the post, start it, it's worthy of discussion.

This post is about Michael Vick and his crimes, the fact that he's resuming his life with what I think amounts to a slap on the wrist, if that, for what he did to those poor helpless dogs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Are Double Eagle Coins Called "Double Eagle"? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi! That is my question. Thanks!

Eagle Eye [ 3 Answers ]

I recently seen a movie "Eagle EYE", it appears to me that the plot was similar to another movie it which I can't recall the Title. An innocent male received a delivery of guns as a set-up and a series of events occurred as in Eagle Eye, such as receiving phone calls, computers, seeing his name on...

Vick Situation.what do we want as a people? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm sure everyone here has seen and heard about the Vick dogfighting scandal. I've heard from people on both sides and I am just lost. We as a people are on a constant search for justice but are at times too fast or too slow to act. With this Vick case everyone seems to automatically label Vick as...

Michael Vick - Though all pitt lovers would find this entertaining. [ 2 Answers ]

Michael Vick Dog Chew Toy | Mike Vick Chew Doll | Dog Toys LOL... It doesn't make things better, but Man is it funny... It is strong enough for a pit to chew on... :D Have a Happy day Dog lovers!

View more questions Search