Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Michael Vick an Eagle
    So my beloved Iggles (thats philly for eagles in case you didn't know) signed Michael Vick. I am happy about this although I think I am in the minority.

But how about you do you think Vick should be banned from the league? Or do you think he deserves this second chance?

I say he served his time and deserves this second chance. And If you didn't know Philly has a very big dog fighting problem. He could do a lot of good talking to the kids and telling them how stupid it was and how he almost ruined his entire life.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:15 AM

It must be a PA thing because we use Iggle too

I'm for giving him a second chance. I think it is just that the leagues that didn't want him didn't want the stigma of his reputation. But its not like his crime was a direct football crime.

Hopefully he learned his lesson and doesn't do anything that will further mar his image.

The people that often make the most impact on detering crime are the ones that paid the price and made a complete turn around
    Hopefully he will do something positive in Philly to stop the dog fights there
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:16 AM

Ban him...

While we are at it, roast his decapitated corpse over a fire.

I'm sorry but people like that don't deserve a second chance.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:32 AM
    He was sentenced and he did his time. He has the right to go back to work. It just happens that his line of work offers great wealth and fame. If he were a ditch digger would we say he shouldn't be allowed to get a job?

What he did was awful - as lots of crimes are. But everyone is afforded the right to re-enter society when they are released from jail.

Football is a multi billion dollar business. Owners will hire whomever they think will help their business to be successful and make money.

Would I want to cheer for him? No. Nor would I want to cheer for Ray Lewis, Plaxico Burress or any of the Cincinnati Bengals. But football is a huge part of the American culture and most people cheer for the uniform, not the indiviual.

Hopefully Vick is sorry for what he did. Hopefully he will use his time and fame for good.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:34 AM

No I think it is a PA thing now let me ask you do you wouder or water?!

Shaz I know where you are coming from and I respect it.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:43 AM

Wouder -water
    Wosh -wash
    Rinch -rinse
    Redd up -piick up the clutter
    Je jet -did you eat yet
    No jew - no did you
    Sliberty -east liberty
    Dahn than -down town
    Picksburgh -Pittsburgh -replaced with da burg thang
    Yinz -you all
    N'at -and that
    That's it Fort Pitt - That's all (for now :D)
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 14, 2009, 07:47 AM

I think it's a good move for the Eagles, in football terms that is. They have an offence that can really do well with a guy like Vick, they aren't strangers to having a mobile QB (old Mcnabb I mean) so they will adjust. Plus, if Mcnabb has a poor season Vick just may be able to come in full time, time will tell where his skill level is at but it worth the risk I'd say.

As for suspending him. He did his time, look at Stallworth, 30 days in jail for what a regular Joe would receive 15 to life, insanity.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 08:17 AM

BMI Stallworth received a harsher penalty from the NFL then he did from the law. 30 days in jail, a year suspension from the NFL.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Just listened to Vick's press conference. He sounded remorseful and sincere. Hopefully he is.
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Aug 14, 2009, 08:45 AM

Vick was one of my favorite QBs. Skill wise he still is, but it is sad when a good player makes such a big mistake.

Randy Moss was one of my favorite players of all time, not anymore when I discovered how horrible of a person he is.

Hopefully Vick plays good, but I for one won't be chearing for him anymore, when he makes a good play I'll just say "hmm that was good" instead of "wow vick is amazing holy crap"
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 08:50 AM

Snipy Randy Moss isn't a horrible person where did you hear that? He does a lot for under privileged kids in West Virginia.

http://www.abetterwestvirginia.com/2...west-virginia/

Aug 14, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Snipy Randy Moss isnt a horrible person where did you hear that? He does a lot for under privileged kids in West Virgina.

NFL's Randy Moss Investing Back in West Virginia | a Better West Virginia Blog - Culture | Arts | Economy
    It was in the news, I can't remember exactly when I'm guessing like 4 years ago?

He attempted killing his wife trying to run her over with a car. I don't know maybe it was just a rumor from the news, but that's what I heard.

Aug 14, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Randy Moss biography, Randy Moss photo, Randy Moss picture, Randy Moss bio

When you violently kick a fellow classmate in high school and get booted from not one, but two prolific collegiate programs in Notre Dame and Florida State, not many NFL teams are going to jump at the chance to draft you.

His trouble making tendencies, however, has led to many off the field problems.

On September 24, 2002 in downtown Minneapolis, Moss was driving in his Lexus and was preparing to do an illegal turn. A city worker saw what he was trying to do and stood in front of his car while ordering for him to stop. He didn't stop, however, until she fell on the ground. He was originally charged with Suspicion of Assault with a Deadly Weapon and a misdemeanor for marijuana possession. He eventually pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor violation and was ordered to pay a $1,200 fine and perform 40 hours of community service

His antics did not stop there, however, and in a ‘04 playoff game at Green Bay, Moss scored a touchdown then proceeded to fake moon the Packers fans while rubbing his butt all over Green Bay’s goal post

He sounds like a swell guy to me... :p
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:07 AM

And look at OJ.
    Celebraties do get an easy pass because of who they are Michael Vick did pay for it and hopefully learned his lesson
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:14 AM

You do know that Packers fans moon the visiting teams bus every game. That is why he did that after he scored a touchdown against them.

I wouldn't stop for ANYONE standing in front of my car either. For all I know that person could be setting me up to get car jacked.

Aug 14, 2009, 09:18 AM
    You do know that Packers fans moon the visiting teams bus every game. That is why he did that after he scored a touchdown against them.

I wouldn't stop for ANYONE standing in front of my car either. For all I know that person could be setting me up to get car jacked.
    Then you can have fun going to jail too lol. Plus he pleaded guilty to a number of things. And just because one team does one thing does not mean you have to sink low, why couldn't he just be the bigger man? Anyway I'm not here to argue I simply stated my opinion and you asked me where I heard the news from, so I showed you.

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazin...is-in-trouble/
    Here is some more news for you that I just found.

The Patriots star has been hit with a temporary injunction for protection against alleged dating violence. A restraining order is in place that will not allow him to come within 500 feet of accuser Rachelle Washington.

Moss allegedly hit the victim, seriously injuring her and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:26 AM

But he didn't go to jail. What's wrong with having a little fun with the fans. It's not like he even pulled his pants down. He acted like it. Aside from the fight he got in a fight when he was in High school and the car thing. He has not been in trouble for anything else.

Aug 14, 2009, 09:31 AM
    But he didn't go to jail. Whats wrong with having a little fun with the fans. It's not like he even pulled his pants down. he acted like it. Aside from the fight he got in a fight when he was in High school and the the car thing. He has not been in trouble for anything else.
    So possession of marijuana is not anything else I guess to you. A restraining order so he cannot go near somebody is nothing. And assault with a deadly weapon is nothing. He has been in trouble more than once for drugs. I'm sure if I kept searching Google for articles about him, I could find many more things. Stop arguing with me when I've shown you articles. You must love him as a player and that's okay with me I don't care. But the proof is there that he gets in trouble a lot.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.or...illiamsb_moss/
    Oh and just so you know it was a traffic officer not just a plain old person. I did more research on it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:39 AM

Yes possession of Pot is absolutely NOTHING to me. Just because someone put a restraining order on him doesn't mean he actually did anything. Never convicted never arrested for that.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:43 AM
    snippy07, let it go, the fact you're pulling up stories from years ago makes it obvious you're bitter. If you're going to single out any NFL thug it should be Plaxico. What he did was just stupid and dangerous.

Apparently, Andy Reid's derelict sons influenced the decision. I don't know why the Eagles signed him for as much as they did when a lot of teams, namely San Fran, actually need a decent quarterback. I'm sure McNabb will be okay waiting on the side-lines when Vick's called in to take 8 or 9 snaps in a game.

Aside from that, Vick is an idiot just like his younger, dumber brother Marcus, but he did serve his time. But if he were ever in a Pats uniform, I'd probably react much differently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Are Double Eagle Coins Called "Double Eagle"? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi! That is my question. Thanks!

Eagle Eye [ 3 Answers ]

I recently seen a movie "Eagle EYE", it appears to me that the plot was similar to another movie it which I can't recall the Title. An innocent male received a delivery of guns as a set-up and a series of events occurred as in Eagle Eye, such as receiving phone calls, computers, seeing his name on...

Vick Situation.what do we want as a people? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm sure everyone here has seen and heard about the Vick dogfighting scandal. I've heard from people on both sides and I am just lost. We as a people are on a constant search for justice but are at times too fast or too slow to act. With this Vick case everyone seems to automatically label Vick as...

Michael Vick - Though all pitt lovers would find this entertaining. [ 2 Answers ]

Michael Vick Dog Chew Toy | Mike Vick Chew Doll | Dog Toys LOL... It doesn't make things better, but Man is it funny... It is strong enough for a pit to chew on... :D Have a Happy day Dog lovers!

View more questions Search