Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StrawberryField Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Husband of 5 years--low sex drive
    My husband and I have been married for 5 years, I am 25 and he is 30. When we first started dating we would have sex all the time, but just before we got married, his sex drive plumetted and it's been low ever since. We have a great relationship and communication. We've talked about it to death, and it's always the same response from him "i don't know what's wrong with me--i just don't have the need for it!"

For years I have tried to initiate things, but would keep getting rejected, so now I have just given up, as I would rather not try than keep getting rejected. He also stops things at the root, like when we get in bed he'll make it abundently clear that he's "exhausted". When we do have sex--it's amazing--and both of us really enjoy it (although the entire time he's just working to get me off--it seems like that's his only goal, and can't relax and just enjoy himself). Lately it's gotten even worse (maybe once a month!), I know he's stressed at work and can completely understand that--I love him so much, but I am really at my witt's end.:confused:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 08:04 AM

Has he seen his doctor about his loss of libido?

That's a good place to start.

Aug 14, 2009, 08:56 AM
    Unfortunately we're sort of new to town and it's impossible to find a doctor... I would like for him to go and see--so hopefully we'll find one soon.

Thanks!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 09:05 AM

I hope you find one.

Until you do, let me suggest that 1, you get yourself some toys, as it can be terribly frustrating to not get the satisfaction your craving.

Also, try some board games. I always suggest this because they are a great way to get the mood going and get the intimacy flowing. Some of my favorites are sexual truths and dares, and games that help you learn more about eachothers sexual desires.

And try to spice it up a bit. Go out for dinner and dancing and perhaps some drinking if you guys are into that, and go to a hotel and just try to have fun. Don't worry about sex. Worrying about sex can tend to put pressure on the issue and make it harder to reach.

Aug 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Thanks! Me too!

I absolutely have my toys... it has been 5 years lol

I'd love to try those board games... I have been thinking about that actually.

Thanks for the advice on spicing things up... I'll give it a shot for sure.

Cheers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I saw my ex husband after 2 years. [ 7 Answers ]

Today I had court to sue my ex husband for half of the marital debt. Needless to say, I still have feelings for him, however, I did not do anything to let him know this. A little background - my ex left me 3 years ago - long story short, after ten years of marriage, I found out that he was...

Haven't seen husband in going on 4 years [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to place an ad in the newspaper to get a divorce. I haven't seen him in going on 4 years this July. I have been hiding from him all this time. He was very abusive. We had a daughter together but we both lost our rights and she is adopted now. We have no property or anything. I just...

How can my husband adopt my 3 years old son [ 5 Answers ]

My husband petition me and my son from the Philippines and then got married in the US in September 22, 2007.Now my husband wants to adopt my son 3 years old, but we haven’t been able to to find out any information. The thing is I never hear anything about my son biological father (ex boyfriend)...

Have not lived with husband in 4 years [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have not lived with my husband in four years. Since he's had a son by another woman and living His life. I want to get an annulment or divorce but Don't have his address. How can I get out of this sticky Situation

Husband 17 years [ 1 Answers ]

My husband of 17 years and 5 children had an affair for 3 years not ongoing. I want to know how to get over the affair itself but mostly the wanting of another woman. He says he loves and doesn't want to lose me hard to believe. We are seeing a counselor I just have huge doubts. He wanted...

View more questions Search