Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chocobrownie Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    choco i am trying to understand you but my simple mind can't get it, i saw the tyra show and im a black women and it did nothing for me I was like whatever! he show wont stop me from lightening or as the africans in africa call it "skin toning"
    I understand that completey cause I still feel the need to lighten cause I haven't started yet it just to caution pepole about the dangers the odds could be one of us if we spend years bleaching do you use natural skin lightners or is it vitually impossible to with black skin ? Sorry if I sound preachy with my before comments it just that I'm two states of mind one morning I could wake up and feel no need to lightn but most of the time I look at myself and the only thing wrong me is my skintone but some ple have complexities with themselves it could be more than just be more than just my skintone( although I don't think its that) I posted this thread up cause I hate hearing similar people or peple ruplsed at there dark skin not just on this thread but in life to me it feels like I need to change these attitudes
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobrownie View Post
    i understand that completey cause i still feel the need to lighten cause i havent started yet it just to caution pepole about the dangers the odds could be one of us if we spend years bleaching do you use natural skin lightners or is it vitually impossible to with black skin ? sorry if i sound preachy with my b4 comments it just that i'm two states of mind one morning i could wake up and feel no need to lightn but most of the time i look at myself and the only thing wrong me is my skintone but some ple have complexities with themself it could be more than just be more than just my skintone( although i dnt think its that) I posted this thread up cause I hate hearing similar people or peple ruplsed at there dark skin not just on this thread but in life to me it feels like i need to change these attitudes
    Chocobrownie you do not have to change nor let anyone pressure you into doing so. When being happy with yourself, then there is nothing to change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde->Black Hair Coloring: Bleach first? [ 16 Answers ]

I am planning on dying my hair from dark blond (level 7) to black (level 1). My friend is telling me that I should pull all color out of my hair before dying it black so that I do not get unwanted colors in it. However, I have very fine hair and I am worried about the amount of damage that pulling...

Bleaching Dyed Black Hair Bleach Blonde. [ 1 Answers ]

i only want to bleach top half of my head, because i want to keep the black underneath, and id say ive only dyed them parts one permanent, and semi -permants about 5 times.. my hairs in normal good condition, i just want to know how many bleaches it will take please, and if my hair will fall out,...

How do I put black lowlights on bleach blonde hair? [ 5 Answers ]

I have this amazing plan for my hair, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it work. My idea is to have bleached blonde hair , with black lowlights in it, and a couple red streaks in my bangs. I know from experience that putting dark colors on bleached hair doesn't work out very well, and...

Professional told me she has to bleach out the black! [ 2 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black about 3 or 4 months ago with a permanent dye from Sally's. I now have about 2 inches of regrowth, and want to go back to my natural dirty blonde color for my wedding in two years. I called my salon and she told me that they would have to bleach it out and she couldn't quote me...

Black ring around tub drain after sitting overnight in bleach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I was cleaning the bathtub w/bleach & forgot to drain it. It sat overnight with the bleach solution. The next morning there was a black ring right at the edge of the drain. It seems like something that seeps out from under the edge of the drain.. I can't get rid of it now, a little comes off...

View more questions Search