Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luckybee07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 04:22 PM
    20 weeks pregnant with dry cough
    Hi all,

I would appreciate any advice, I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and had been having a flu (fever, cold and cough). I went to see an OB 2days ago and advised me to just take vitamins c and lots of water/liquid intake otherwise if I won't not get well she'll give me antibiotics. Today my fever went down, just got slight colds but my cough had gotten worse, and dry. To the point that my stomach would already ache when I cough. I really don't want to take any medicines at this point, its my first baby and Im afraid of the effects medicines will have on her. So question is, any natural remedies I can take which will not be harmful to the baby? Thanks a lot guys.
    Juicy Buns Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 02:57 AM

I'd go straight to the doctor and ask for a second opinion. The thing that worries me is it *could* be swine flu. One of the main symptoms of swine flu is a cough and if it's bad enough for your stomach to be hurting, it's definitely worth checking. They'll probably give you a jab, some Tamiflu or something similar that's safe to be used during pregnancy. Swine flu can potentially be harmful to your child so I'd err on the side of caution on this one. It can't hurt. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant-Have a Cough-What is Safe? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 18 weeks pregnant, what can I take to suppress this cough? I have had a cough for the past couple of days now. I haven't done anything to help it, so it's getting worse. I can't call the doctor, because I am on medicaid (in texas) and I go to the women's clinic. The doctors all go home at 5...

22 weeks pregnant, bad cough [ 2 Answers ]

I woke up the other day with a really bad cough. I've had it for two days. I'm 22 weeks pregnant, what can I take for a cough?

Cough for over two weeks now [ 1 Answers ]

I've been coughing for over two weeks now. I've been getting sick easily and I recently just got better. However, my cough won't go away. The other day I was eating out when I suddenly started coughing like crazy. My boyfriend said my face started turning blue but I wasn't choking on anything I...

Cough Drops while pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Is is OK to take cough drops while pregnant? If so, what kind(s) are OK? :confused:

View more questions Search