Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Sending Resumes
    I recently filled out and application. The company also gave a choice to send a resume along with the application.

Is it usually better to send the resume as well?

Any tips on when you do both will also be appreciated like correct me if I am wrong, you should not say anything in the comment box on the application, that is included in the resume, etc

Thanks in advance.

Janet.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 12:59 PM

I always have included a nicely printed resume with my application. As for the comment box - that is for THEM to fill out, not you(!)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 01:33 AM
    Hi, rhouse30!

I would send out a resume as well as a cover letter. Doing so shows that the person applying for the position is organized and prepared. I would also suggests addressing a cover letter to the name of the person to whom it needs to be addressed.

Before interviewing for the job, it's also a good idea to do some research on the company so that you can speak with some knowledge about them and show them that you have interest in who they are and what they do.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Writing resumes [ 3 Answers ]

Where to write resumes from template and then email to potenial employer

Sending Resumes [ 3 Answers ]

I can not copy and paste my resume, do you have to have micrsoft office word or works to do this.

How to do resumes [ 1 Answers ]

Will you show me a resume about retail and customer service

Sending a fax with a PC. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use my laptop (Toshiba L20/Windows XP,ISP:NTL)to send faxes by cable. What type of modem do I need? Do I need to buy or download any software? Thanks in advance for any help.

View more questions Search