Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbayne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 05:12 PM
    Troubleshoot white-rodgers 1F86-244
    Hello...

Looking for help here in South Florida. We have a White-Rodgers 1F86-244 thermostat hooked up to a 2 year old Trane air handler (don't have model number handy) that will not engage. We have an error message on display that says "filter" and when trying to engage the AC the snowflake flashes and then stays static... but no AC.
    :o We have cleaned filter and checked water lines... also had tech in here who couldn't find problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    b.
    gpeter52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 08:16 PM
    Hi there. I was just checking with the White-Rodgers website about this thermostat, and a problem I've been having. They talk about this "filter" setting one can set to remind you to change filter, and it appears you need to "unset it" for the thermostat to resume operation. They say to hold the "Hold" button and the "Run" button together for a few seconds, and this will supposedly reset the filter monitor to zero. Check their website and find out how to set it to zero if you don't want it coming on on a regular basis. Hope this helps... Peter
    KEITHB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 06:15 PM
    I have a white rodges thermostat 1f82-261 about a year old . When i turn on ac the blower blowes but heat pump only runs sometimes. Service man told me nothing wrong with unit he thinks it could be setting on thermostat or bad thermostat
    Hank 34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 09:18 PM
    I have a white rodgers thermosat 1F86 244. The thermator in it is reading high. Like 97 degrees when the house is much colder say 60.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White-Rodgers Thermostat Manuals [ 6 Answers ]

@tkrussell - Re: your sticky about thermostat manuals, here is a link for technical data, including manuals for White-Rodgers thermostats: http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/common/ptech/ptech_thermo.htm

Need Wiring help for a White-Rodgers Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 wire (red & White) heat only system. It is steam heat run by gas. Currently I have Honeywell thermostat which uses 3 AA batteries. Thermostat has R, RC, O, W, Y, G terminals. R and RC terminals are connected by a jumper cable. I have Red wire connected to terminal R and white wire...

White-Rodgers thermostat... What does this mean? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I'm about to smash this thing up. I fell asleep with the AC turned off earlier and now I wake up and its 77 degrees in here and I'm sweating. So I go turn the AC unit back on, setting it on 75 degrees to start with because I know you aren't supposed to do more than 2 degrees at a time....

White-Rodgers to new Hunter Thermostat (Wiring Help Please) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a new home, built in 2003, with Central Heat and Air. It's all run off electricity and is using a Lennox Model CB29M-41-1P heat pump. The WHITE ROGERS DIGITAL HEAT PUMP THERMOSTAT 1F89-211 used the following wires: White Red Brown Orange Yellow

Rplacing Weathertron thermostat with White Rodgers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a heat pump with auxiliary electric heat controlled by a Trane Weathertron thermostat. I am attempting to upgrade the thermostat with a programmable White -Rodgers(1F85-277)heat pump thermostat.I want to verify the correct wiring hookup for White-Rodgers Thermostat to the current...

View more questions Search