Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falepuipui Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Need My Privacy and Solitude
    My family is a extended one and they don't understand that I need to live on my own so that I can try to stand on my own two feet. The problem is that they don't have confidence in me because it seems like every time I try, I always end up needing to borrow money to make ends meet. I'm to the point where I need to try one more time but they absolutely have no faith in me. I tired of living at home. I'm thinking of just packing and leave and not tell my family. I was going to leave them a note. If I don't make it on my own this time then I'll be gone for good. My can't anymore disappoinments and embarrassment frm me. Should I just leave because I know they don't understand why I need to do this. I just need to go but I still love my family. Any advices??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 12:05 PM

Well if you live at home and work you should be able to saye up enough to have a little nest egg for hard times. I think the best thing you can do is wait until you have like a couple thousand plus a months rent, security deposit and a months worth of utilities saved up then you are ahead.
    Once you have enough saved then you can prove that you can move on your own.

I use to do that with having a vehicle. I would get sick of having to take all day waiting for busses or having to walk so as soon as I had a thousand saved up I would go buy a vehicle. Then it would break down and I wouldn't have money to get it fixed. Then I would be back to zero. Then people would always criticize me.

So you have to get it together or you are going to still repeat the same mistake.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 12:27 PM

Well, my questions are:

How old are you? School, work, what? You don't need to be jumping the gun on your life too soon.

Why do you "always end up needing to borrow money to make ends meet"?
    Sorry N0help, but I have to disagree. Whatever the cause, it's not going to go away by saving for a little while. Obviously, you don't make enough money. If you have a little savings, it will help, until it goes away. Then, you will be back where you started.

Until we address why you need more money, and you either make more, or become better with money, you're only going to end up homeless if you jumps the gun.
    Going with a note, and if it doesn't work, you'll "be gone for good" is not the way to go.

EDIT: Ooh, I see. No job, and no money. YOU'VE ALREADY POSTED that. I don't understand how you think you could make it on your own without any resources.

Get a job. Save some money. Then, when you are making more than a month's expenses in a month, then try. Maybe get a roommate, but you can't do anything productive for yourself now.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 12:45 PM

I think OP was meaning they have lived on there own and had to move back more than once because they got into a financial bind.

Quote Originally Posted by falepuipui View Post
    it seems like every time I try, I always end up needing to borrow money to make ends meet. I'm to the point where I need to try one more time but they absolutely have no faith in me. I tired of living at home.
    I had that problem myself more than once and had to move home to save then move back out after I saved a couple thousand.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 12:55 PM

Yes, but with no job, money, or means of financial income, how are you supposed to save enough to realistically move out?

Go check the other thread. It has more information.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 01:09 PM

I didn't see where she said she didn't have a job, but without a job she wouldn't be able to save over $2,000. Plus to move out on her own anyway.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 01:11 PM

N0help, check this thread:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/person...nd-386184.html

No job, no money, no nothing.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 01:15 PM
    I have no idea why she even bothered asking:confused:
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 01:19 PM

I have a bigger question. No job, and you've tried before? And you think you won't have to borrow money this time?

How did you ever think you could do it last time(s)? I mean, seriously, in today's society, you can't get by without money. (Unless you're Amish, in which case you won't be using a computer. :p)
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 01:29 PM

Exactly. You HAVE to have a job that at least covers monthly rent, utilities, food and transportation to and from work.

No wonder everybody is so negative on you.
    They are being realistic and KNOWING it will end up coming out of their pockets.

Aug 13, 2009, 03:50 PM

I've been looking for job for over a year now and with no luck. Believe I've been trying, I've applied at McDonalds, as a janitor, dish-washer and no luck. I even tried joining the army but I'm 41yrs old. I'm totally frustrated! I know until I find a job, I will still be a burden to my family and that's what is really stressing me out! Does anybody know of any company overseas hiring for any type of labor. I'll even go to Irag if someone offers me a job over there. At this point it's better living at home and being a "parasite" to my family. Anyone hiring??

Aug 13, 2009, 03:53 PM
    I meant to say in that last sentence; "It's better THAN living at home and being a "parasite" to my family."
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 03:55 PM

When was the last time you tried joining the Army because they changed the age cut off to 42 back in 2006.

Have you tried looking for jobs like a companion for someone who needs assistance and willing to let you live in their house?

What job experience do you have?
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 04:04 PM

Yes, also, what educational background do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Privacy Violation? [ 1 Answers ]

I work in an industry that is computer-related. After accruing PTO, I took a few days off for a colposcopy, and thus, partial removal of my cervix. I did not tell my employer - I did not feel the need to. My new manager (a busybody WOMAN) took it upon herself to inform EVERYBODY in the company of...

Right to privacy [ 15 Answers ]

Location: Pennsylvania At my school we do not have dorms. They offer Condos off campus, but in walking distance. Part of the lease with this place includes a clause about random house checks. They make sure its clean, that there are no drugs/weapons. They enter the condos while the students...

My privacy has been compromised. [ 36 Answers ]

I have a Dell laptop. I know without a doubt that my privacy has been compromised. I know nothing about computers... so please explain as if you were talking to a child... I am not a child and I am well educated... but computers are completely out of my comfort zone. Okay... I have been quoted...

Privacy [ 3 Answers ]

Renters rights in regards to landlord & real estate people going into home

School privacy [ 4 Answers ]

My son attends the public school in our town, He has many problems including adhd. I belong to a volunteer agency in my towm. Today I found ou that my son was the topic yesterday at a function of this volunteer agency. A family member of one of our volunteers is employed by the school. She...

View more questions Search