Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Aug 13, 2009, 11:38 AM
    Temporary Adoption or Guardianship
    Has anyone done temporary adoption before that was not with a family member? If so, did it work out? Was it difficult to start and were you able to have involvement in the child's life? The same question is for temporary guardianship; I guess its one in the same.

I am looking at this as a possibility for a year or so until I can get myself together. I am not sure if I can find a family member though...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:47 AM

You have to do temporary guardianship
    No such thing as temporary adoption

The problem is sometimes when you do a temporary guardianship people fight you to keep them when you go back for them and they often win.

****Also as Twinkle pointed out on your last post you and your boyfriend will still be responsible to pay child support to anybody that takes your baby in.

I raised four on less than a thousand a month. With cost of living I would have had to have more like 1,800. A month to afford them nowadays but it can be done. You just have to budget really well and sacrifice here and there. Buy second hand stuff and so forth.
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Aug 13, 2009, 12:03 PM

Wait a minute... you raised 4 on less than 1000? Did you have public assistance or something?

You must not live on the upper east coast. I'm not trying to be offensive, but I make about 1800 a month, and I am barely making it where I live! That's why I am so concerned about a child...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 01:13 PM

I live in Pennsylvania.
    My $1,000. Was welfare and ssd from their father.
    Yeah I heard that Conn and some other upper east coast does have a high cost of living.
    conritmo_2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 09:45 PM

I have a daugter that I have had since she was 3 days old... I am her temporary guardian but never change. That's usually what happens with temporary guardianship they usually become part of the family and won't want to go back to their biological parents... im in the process of adoption after 14 years :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over temporary guardianship to an unborn child [ 18 Answers ]

My son has been told he is the father of an unborn child. The maternal grandmother wants him and the underage mother of the child to sign over temporary guardianship to her. My question is this: How can my son sign over guardianship of a child that has not legally been determined is his through...

Considering temporary guardianship for son [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 year-old son. I was in a relationship for 12 years (non married) with non biological father. This man was the 'father figure' in child's life. We have recently parted ways. I live in GA with my son he(non biological father) remains in VA. It has become apparent that my child's...

Temporary Guardianship of Nephew (Different States) [ 1 Answers ]

My sister would like my husband I to take care of her child while she goes to school (2 yrs.). We live in 2 different states though. She lives in MA and we in HI. (Well, in about 2 weeks we'll be in HI.) Which states' laws do we need to follow when it comes to this? And what do we have to...

Guardianship to adoption [ 1 Answers ]

If I have guardianship can I lose my rights

View more questions Search