Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WONDERER21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Fish acting weird help
    I just got 4 new fish in my tank bot my gulpy is not togtherare stays away from th other fish help:confused:
    TrioKIT Posts: 13, Reputation: -1

Nov 5, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Maybe it's just that fishes partiicular instinct. You could try to give him/her a separate tank. You could also try to find out what kinds of other fish it likes to be with. Experimenting with different tank arrangements could make him happier. Hope this helps. :D
    cuppycake Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WONDERER21
    i just got 4 new fish in my tank bot my gulpy is not togtherare stays away from th other fish help:confused:
    Fish have there own minds they don't really bother about eachotheer maybe you need a bigger fish tank! Or 1 of them is a bully and sucks on the other fiswh and there scared. Just keep a close eye on what is happerning with them. But I wudnt worry too much about them.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2006, 12:23 AM
    I realize this was posted a while back, but I'll respond.
    If care isn't taken when choosing tank mates you will have very scared, unhappy, and even dead fish. Fish fall under certain categories when it comes to choosing fish and tankmates.
    Tropical Fish
    1. non-aggressive community(this would include the guppy you have)
    2. semi-aggressive community and species only tanks
    3. aggressive community and species only tanks
    Rift Lake
    4. highly aggressive: African Cichlids which have 3 categories: Lake Malawi, Lake Tanganyika, and Lake Victoria.
    Cold water
    5. non-aggressive (goldfish)
    6. semi-aggressive (koi)

Guppies are very sociable fish and love the company of one another. They are live bearers which means they give birth to live babies (fry) instead of laying eggs. They have babies, on an average, once a month.
    Guppies will do just fine with any non-aggressive tropical fish, but prefer to hang out with other guppies. They also tend to swim with and follow Mollies and Platies around as well.

Kae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fish Ponds [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house that has a fish small fish pond with a water fall. It seems to have a lot of algae in it. Is there a way that I can clear the water and not hurt the fish or is algae a given and I should expect to live with it. My pond is approximately 6 ft wide and 8 feet long and about 2 feet...

Fish tank cloudy [ 6 Answers ]

All the typical teats come back normal (ammonia, nitrite,nitrate) but the water stays cloudy no matter the water changed or not. The fish tank is a 72 bow front with 4 fish 2 Amazon tiger catfish both about 8 in. 1 armor catfish and 1 pleco. I know the tank is not over stocked or over feed. Any...

Dying Fish [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys, My kids have an aquarium at home medium size which has got a filter and they are changing the water and cleaning the whole stuff occasionally but not late. They are feeding them morning and evening according to the instructions from the pet shop. They have to buy new fishes in every two...

View more questions Search