Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elcee1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Lighting a pilot light
    We have an Intertherm propane heater. What is the best way tolight the pilot light?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Very carefully. Actually the gas valve has a lever or knob that has to be moved into the pilot position then depressed. You will need a long lighter (I use a 24 inch butane model with a flex shaft) Then you light the pilot in the furnace itself.The pilot is located in the combustion chamber and is accessed through a small spring loaded access hatch on the face of the furnace a few inches above the gas valve on the right inside the burner panel.

NOTE: The gas line needs to be bleed first so gas is available at the pilot. Propane will pocket and GO BOOM if you do not know exactly what you are doing so You might be better having the propane company show you how to do it the first time.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lighting a pilot light [ 1 Answers ]

How do I light the pilot light for a Rheem fury glas water heater?

Lighting the pilot light on a bryant 75-347 unit heater [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bryant unit heater in my garage it is a 60,000 BTU model 75-347. The fan will run but I don't know how to light the pilot light.

Lighting the pilot light on a payne 125u-19a [ 2 Answers ]

I need to light the pilot on a payne model 125u-19a. I can find the pilot/on, but cannot figure out where the pilot nipple is inside the furnace. Can you direct me?

Lighting the pilot light of a State gas hot water heater? [ 6 Answers ]

I cannot get the pilot light to stay lit on a 50 gal "State" gas hot water heater, Model PRX50NBRT. I have followed the instructions on the front of the tank. I just had a black out and the light goes out without power. This has happened before, and has been tricky in the past. I forgot...

View more questions Search